1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just too much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Sep 28, 2012.

?

Would you trade White, Lamb and Jones for Davis?(please read before you vote)

1. Yes

180 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

In a second. Anthony Davis side-by-side with Motie for future? Yes, please. And imagine a frontcourt of David and Asik right now. They'd be the best defensive frontcourt by mid-season.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

This is the stupidest, most one-sided trade proposal I think I've seen here. There's a Random Trade Thread for a reason.

1 person likes this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So let me get this straight.

You listed Jones, White and Lamb's accolades to show their talent. Yet you feel like it is unnecessary to list any of Davis' because all we need to know is that he is a #1 pick, not the fact that he has a gold medal, nor the fact that his accolades dwarfs the other 3 combined. You know, factors that would help people determine whether they would "trade White, Lamb and Jones for Davis?"

It's clear you're trying to downplay Davis's potential and abilities. This is a joke.

4. deshen

deshen Member

lol, no one should underestimate the intelligence of clutchfans

5. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

I'm going with no, because you never know with a #1 overall pick bigman. He could be a force to be reckoned with, or he could be another Greg Oden or Yao Ming and get injured or simply not translate the College/High School game well into the NBA Game. You never know. Same with our 3 picks, but there's more chance of at least one of them being good. Plus, where would Motie go? He's a PF, not a C. Would he back up Asik or vice versa? What would be the point of signing a 25mil C for a backup? I don't know, there's so many variables and possibilities and circumstances that could arise, but I'm definitely not going with Yes right off the bat.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

How is this random trade suggestion different? Your first sentence was "This is just a hypothetical question, so bare with me."

You knew you wouldn't get enough attention if you posted it in the random trade thread so you decided to start another 1 star thread. This trade is not remotely close to reality and it isn't happening.

If anything you should have posted it in the NBA Draft section because that is really what this thread amounts to. You are basically asking "Would you trade a #12, #16, and #18 pick for the #1 pick?".

It's amazing to me that you haven't been demoted to rookie so you can't start threads anymore. I'm really bored and sick at home so I decided to look at your average thread rating over the past 100 days. You've averaged 1.96 over 23 threads started. 3 of those threads have been trade threads that you could have easily put in the random trade thread.

Maybe ask yourself twice if the thread is a good idea or if it could go in another thread and maybe people wouldn't rip you so much.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks for your support.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Explain how this isn't a random trade.

9. Raven

Raven Member

You don't think Morey tried to get that pick before the Draft? All that's changed is our assets had a strong Summer League, which is great, but still not enough to make a swap for the overall number one.

In reality, here's what it would take.

Davis starting the season poorly and D-Mo and Lamb tearing it up, then the required package would be.

Lamb
    D-Mo
    Parsons
    Toronto Pick
    Our Pick

And that would be too much, so neither side would budge.

And most of your threads suck!

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'd trade our entire roster for Anthony Davis. Upside like his is so hard to find.

11. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

On why this topic is on this thread, I think I can understand why since I was browsing/reading CF when this pops out. On one of the threads here, Badlee and another poster where discussing the merits of Davis vs all our new rooks. I guess that's what prompted badlee to quickly make a poll just to quick check where are CF members siding into this.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, this and my threads tend to bring out the crazies.:grin:

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on Tinman. I know you're out there. You know you want to.:grin:

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Holy crap you have 11 thousands post

I realize you shet post more than I do here

btw this thread is terrible

15. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Yeah, 1yr gap between you 2. Rate this thread as you seem fit. Don't worry about post numbers, you are in my sig because of the things you say.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's because i have a lot to say. I didn't realize how much i had.

17. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

but we havent even seen the dude play in the nba yet, some dudes actually become a bust so i would say no, and plus we do need a good sg and lamb would be great since kmart might be traded soon.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Say it in the correct places. This is a completely random unrealistic trade. You bring down the forum by posting ridiculous threads that only try to get attention for yourself.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If i didn't know any better, i'd say you were upset.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All 4 of our rookies have upside, as well.