1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just signed up with Verizon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Refman, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Log in to your at&t account and change your plan. I did the same and my plan was more expensive than their current offering. I'm on the mobile share plans.

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

looks like the OP left some details or features outta his comparison...

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you serious??? Every great phone is on a CDMA network. You are regurgitating nonsense from half a decade ago.

4. ling ling

ling ling Member

I don't have unlimited everything, just everything I need.

I have 3 phones (1 smart, 2 dumb). I self insure my phones. All paid for.

I pay $35/month for all 3.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not only that, the flagship phones are more often global ready meaning they have dual radio. The only difference is 4g support...

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

TMobile $100 for 4 lines 2.5GB 4glte high speed data, unlimited min/text. just signed up for it. It's basically unlimited data because they don't charge extra after the 2.5 GB, they simply just slow down the data..back to 2G

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you in China?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nexus line? Sony phones? One Plus one? No...

Plus it is easier to sell used GSM/LTE phones than CDMA/LTE phones.

#28 fchowd0311, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  9. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

Just to let you guys know...
    I read this the other day, so decided i was getting screwed with verizon for 1 iphone 5s w/unlimited talk+txt+2gb data for $120 a month. Im also under contract until 11/25/15. So, i got on the online chat with verizon while sitting here at work to see if i could get a discount. I told the chat lady that i had been thinking of switching to t-mobile for the $60 plan they offer, i also told them t-mobile has already offered me to pay my ETO fee. She said she had to check some things out and came back with my same plan @ $75 per month or $60 if i added an extra year of contract to 2016. I told her the $60 sounded great but no way for extra year, so she said she would talk to her adviser. She then came back a few min later with offering the $60 plan of unlimited talk+txt w/3gb with no contract extension! She waived the contract requirement and gave me an extra GB of data! I love Verizon service (T-mobile customer before and hated how i never had signal) and now i love the cheap price i will pay.
    Just wanted to let you guys know it doesn't hurt to ask! :cool:

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I hate to break it to you, but you were really getting ripped off. It pays to check up on new plans every couple months.

Just FYI, there should NEVER be a contract extension for a rate plan change, only if you get a new phone at a subsidized price. That in itself was terrible on VZW's part to even offer. The $60 rate plan is available to anyone, regardless of contract status.

However you did get a deal by getting the extra GB a month. That is only available to people getting a new phone.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just saw that Verizon customers will now be able to stream local NFL game broadcasts to their phones for free with the NFL Mobile app. Including local Sunday afternoon games, as well as Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games. That's pretty cool to see. And Red Zone can be purchased for $1.99 a month. I'll definitely be adding that seeing as how DirecTV still doesn't offer Red Zone ala carte and it'd cost almost $300 for Sunday Ticket Max.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm paying 100+ a month for unlimited talk/text and 2 gb.... I'll be calling verizon and asking for a discount soon

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I will be doing the same and then chromecasting my screen to the TV. $2/month for RedZone, well worth it.

14. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

I told them the plan t-mobile was offering was unlimited, and if Verizon couldn't make the plan better i would be switching w/them paying my ETO

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

We pay $160 for 4 lines that have unlimited call + text and 10 gigs shared on AT&T.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do you and your wife take your sleeping newborn into a busy store and shush the person who asks you if you need help?

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I pay $128/month for 900 minutes (the only people I really talk to are on my friends/family plan so no minutes needed) unlimited texts and unlimited data. I also have to buy my phones at full price though to keep grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. Not a big deal as I USE 15 GB's a month.

18. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Get this app if you want to monitor your data usage. Its saved me from going over my limit since downloading.

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Nope.

With T Mobile I had one line, unlimited everything. I never went over 2.5 GB data even when using Pandora at my office a couple of hours a day. I was with them for 8 years. I constantly dropped calls around the UH area and had no signal at my home in League City. T Mobile never could fix the signal issue nor explain why my bill was so high.

At Verizon, I walked in and paid $99 for an iPhone 5s. They offered me $60 for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data. I explained my usage and told them I wasn't sure 2GB was enough. He said he would bump it up to 3GB. I pulled the trigger. With Verizon I have perfect service from the middle of my house.

There are no other details.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

New Verizon Promotion...

http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/04/verizon-data-promotion/

Verizon reducing plan rates by $10/month & adding new data tiers in latest promotion adding new data tiers in latest promotion

Verizon is following its More Everything holiday promotion today with a new limited time promo for its customers, the carrier announced today. Starting tomorrow, Verizon will begin offering customers data plans at new price points from 1GB up to 20GB with most price tiers being reduced by $10/month compared to their previous rates.

With the new plans, customers can take advantage of plans with the same data amount at a cheaper rate, or pay the same price and receive a data increase. Additionally, Verizon will introduce more data tiers with 12GB, 14GB, and 16GB options.

“Beginning Thursday, Verizon’s MORE Everything plans with data allowances of 1GB to 3GB (or from $40 to $60 per month) will include 1GB of additional data for the same price. A new $70 plan with 6GB will be available.

Additionally, for a limited time customers who choose MORE Everything plans of 6GB or higher can add smartphones on Verizon Edge for only $15 a month after a $25 access discount per line. With this new promotion, the monthly service plan for an account with two smartphones on Edge and 6GB of shared data is only $100. Edge discounts are $15 per line for MORE Everything plans with data allowances of 4GB and below.”

In addition to the new plan prices and data tiers, Verizon will offer new customers switching from other carriers a $100 bill credit per line when choosing a smartphone with the carrier’s Edge financing plan. New customers also need to port their existing numbers from their previous carrier to Verizon to qualify for the one-time $100 bill credit.

The new data options and price drops follow competitive promotions from other carriers targeting Verizon customers with offers to switch their service and save money. In December, Sprint announced its ‘Cut Your Bill in Half’ promo specifically recruiting Verizon and AT&T subscribers to switch their service to Sprint.

T-Mobile and AT&T have offered promotions for switchers in recent months as well while focusing most recently on their own versions of roll-over data for customers to attract more subscribers.

Verizon’s new plans, which start tomorrow, are available for a limited time and don’t kick in automatically, so you’ll want to check your account for potential savings when the new plans go live.