1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just saw some guy breaking into a car...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, May 25, 2003.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

...the car alarm went off, so I went to my window and saw the guy taking a bag out of the car and taking something out of it...there was nobody else on the street, so I screamed at him from the balcony (4th floor). He kind of tried to hide behind the car...then he got up, carried the bag with him for a few meters and then threw it away and quickly walked away. The car alarm stopped a few seconds later.

There wasn't really anything I could do except screaming at the guy from the balcony, it would have taken me at least 10 seconds to run downstairs...all I could describe if the police asked me would be what the guy was wearing, so that wouldn't really be too helpful, I guess.

Anything I should do now? I don't really speak Spanish yet (hardly anyone here seems to speak English well and I think that would definitely be true for the police) and it seems like I could not be of too much help now.

So have you ever witnessed a burglary/robbery?

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Yep I have been unfortunate enough to have the stereo stolen out of 4 of 6 of my cars. Of course I was the dumbass who was too lazy to take off the damn face plate :p

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Last summer my friend's car got broken into, guess his parents forgot to lock the car and my friend said he heard the horn honk and he looked out his window and he yelled at these kids that were in his parents car and he chased them outside with a baseball bat said they went behind some houses and lost them, hasnt had a problem since.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

One time I was at a party and my alarm went off so I thought my car was being broken into and went outside to check it out. I checked and didn't notice anything wrong. But, the next morning I woke up and found the driver's side had a huge dent in it. Turns out some jackass backed out of a driveway into my car and that triggered the alarm. Cost me $500(deductible) to fix it.

I kind of wish it was just someone breaking into my car. :(

5. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

no, SJC, you did very well.....exactly how anybody with half a brain would have responded in that situation: run inside, post on CC.net immediately. Nice job. ;)

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:D