1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just got a parking ticket in my neighborhood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, May 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So I got a citation, the ticket says I was parked more than 18" from the curb. I measured, I was not. I was over a foot though, and that's crappy parking, but is it illegal?

Anyways, the remarks point out that I was also parked in the wrong direction.

Does anybody have any experience with this, what are my chances of winning this if I contest it online?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wow. That's pretty crappy.
    I remember when I illegally parked (got too lazy to repark) and the cop just asked me to repark and she was very kind about it.

Seems like you got the ******* cop.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Have you been "crappy parking" for a long time? Maybe that's why the "******* cop" was such a way.

So did you park illegally, and also, were you parked in the wrong direction? YES or NO? :confused:

If you weren't BOTH, fight it. Else, just pay like a deserving citizen.

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Go get a tape measure and take a picture. Not necessarily proof because it can be argued you re-parked but better than nothing when the time comes if you wanna fight the case..

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

My bro in law just got the same ticket this month. Seems like the City of Houston is upping their revenue.

6. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

The 18" from the curb means that your passenger tires were not 18" from the curb. Since you were parked the wrong way, the passenger side of the car is facing the street. I've been ticketed for that too.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you were parked in the wrong direction then the ticket is legitimate.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you were parked in the wrong direction, you are not a man.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

One of your neighbors probably complained about you parking like a dick. You can probably contest it and get off. Trial by jury. Always.

10. AXG

AXG Member

Yeah same thing happened to a buddy of mine in front of his own house.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ya I got a warning today for parking the wrong way in a diagonal lot today.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dude I got a no seat belt ticket a week ago. Thing is, I undid my seat belt to get my insurance when I pulled over and a$$hole didn't believe me. Then when he was done with me he pulled over some poor sap who was in the drive thru of the adjacent Burger King.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

next time you get pulled over, tell the cop that he needs more door

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's my grandad (who was a cop) always told me to stay buckled in with hands on the wheel. Don't move until they tell you to, and when they ask for your documents, tell them you're reaching for them. Tell them exactly what you're doing, last thing you want is to get capped because they thought you were reaching for a piece. *

*Grandad was a cop in the Bronx, so that rule may not apply everywhere.

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Dang that sucks lol.

As for OP, do you usually park the wrong direction? I remember a neighbor of mine used to do it all the time but got a warning

16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Seatbelt tickets for fast food drive thrus is the perfect untapped market for city funding. Time to invest in man purses.

17. gambingo

gambingo Member

To serve and protect....you tickets and their jobs.

18. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

If you were indeed parked in the opposite direction of traffic, you're gonna have slim to none chance of fighting it. Here in California, i was reversing out of my driveway and my tire popped. So I parked it and fixed the flat after I got back from school. During that time, someone actually took a picture of my car and the flat tire and reported it to the county. I guess it's against city ordinance to leave a visible broken down car on your property around here. Conclusion: you might have some neighbors that really hate you.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Name or pic of said cops so us CF Sherlock Holmes' can humiliate him/her on the interwebs.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It must be a crack down because I say a parking Prius cop car driving into my block in the morning.

Gotta pay for the Superbowl somehow.