1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just An Absolutely Terrible Win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Nov 23, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what is your problem with the coaching i'll ask in an adult demeanor?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are trying to play to win which is great but with a young team they should be trying to develop their players more.

I just see a game that's played to extract the most out of their young talent versus developing it. Hardens speed is going to go away as he ages, they should be teaching him to evolve his game now, and they should put the ball in Lin's hands more.

It worked well last night but I think they need to thinker longer term. My two cents.

1 person likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i think the rockets played exactly how they should play last night. parsons only shot jump shots. i think harden will eventually be the leading play maker with lin taking jump shots off his pentetration.

4. haven

haven Member

No player should be used like Kobe is used. Kobe's usage is overly-indulgent. (Unless, you mean this season exclusively...).

1 person likes this.
  5. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'm glad you told me to face it ... Twice ... That really opened my eyes to what is actually happening.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

why did I open this?

Go Baby Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have a question. Would anyone want a coaching staff (or team for that matter) that did not try to win every game? I wouldn't. But I think that we are going to see a quickly evolving team and coaching staff. Different rotations. D-Mo is probably coming up quick (Morey interview at last nights halftime in the RVG game). Machado not so quick.

I have to completely disagree with the OP on game analysis. We saw our first glimpse of a Rockets team that could put a reliable offensive option on the court to play with Harden. It looked like a thing of beauty to me when it mattered. Ball movement. Parsons demolishing his defender when there was no help. Harden breaking down the defender when there was no one to sag on the defense because they could not help off of Parsons.

Call me stupid (I have an incredibly thick skin) but I can picture a PF with a back to the basket game, who otherwise plays much like Parsons. Three point range. Shoots the three with enough consistency that the defender cannot give him space. Serious driving to get in the paint threat. Decent rebounder and someone who can contribute 3 or so dimes a night. Remind you of anyone?

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Morris?

1 person likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The most remarkable thing about this thread is that I saw a haven post.

haven was always one of my favorite GARM posters.

Please post more.

1 person likes this.
  10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

If you were the GM Sweet Lou, we wouldn't have Harden because he wasn't a Max player in your eyes. I'd reserve back some bold observations until more a sizeable sample on the season can be analyzed.

11. djimi

djimi Member

i think the Rockets organisation should sack the entire coaching staff and hire hotballa as the new coach

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Sir jackie i just saw that. I guess he is done with law school. Cool to see you haven.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't have gotten Harden with this cast. The difference I would have made was not to sign Asik, then getting Harden would be ok. I also would not have gotten Delfino, nor would I have probably gotten Lin.

That way we could get a harden and still suck it up and get great draft picks. But yes, I would have rather seen us go through a full rebuild and have an awful season of around 20 wins.

However, that's not what happened. And I don't bemoan the fact that we have Harden. We have hope, and that's something we didn't have before.

Was it the best way for us to reload in my opinion? No. Can it be a pathway to success. Yes.

14. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

You're wrong. No jumpshootig team has ever won a championship. Truth.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Seriously, I am thankful that you are not the Rocket's GM.

You go and get a player like Harden every time when that opportunity presents itself. He's young, uber talented AND proven. Asik and Lin are both young as well as experienced and while they may not be superstars YET, they do have that upside. Both Lin and Asik are actually better if not as good as high draft picks. As for Delfino, the Rockets have a boatload of young players and Delfino provides vet leadership and stability.

Your points and your negativity make no sense, especially after a fantastic win. :rolleyes:

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was so long ago dude is now a partner somewhere. But agreed, very good to see.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A reasonable opinion. It is better than last year. And we do have Harden tied up for many years. This off season could have been so much worse.

This years draft does not go beyond Shabazz, Noel, McHadoo and Zeller. I don't like the thought of tying the Rockets future to the roll of ping pong balls.

#118 jtr, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

envoking memories of frustrsting rockets of old, harden is the love child of francis and mobley. And thats a good thing he combines all that strengths and truly is that lead guard we hopes francis could be. My friend refs for hisd and he reffed some nba players during the lockout, harden is all talked about.. Morey hit his splash, a smoother better shooting wade. Lin will play off him. Just knock down his open shots is all they need at this point.

20. jocar

jocar Member

Team play is also lacking at the FT line

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kJCq6ZrrMqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>