1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just An Absolutely Terrible Win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Nov 23, 2012.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

SOOOOO....Harden only takin 15 shots, and getting to the line for a 16-16 clip, and all those plays for parsons in his career high before the first HALF, and then Parsons scores 31, on 13-17, and 4-7 deep...Harden only took 15 shots, and 5 threes, yet had 9 dimes, 3 TOs but that's fine...in 39 min. we blow out a I guess good NYK team so far this year, and you are complaining on Harden, and we rely on him too much, and someone didn't get the memo....apparently you didn't get the memo bro...we are developing young talent, as um...our team is the youngest in the L...we just had two guys score 30 plus points...Harden is 23 and what is Parsons like 24...LMAO SMH

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

dude are you a troll...go get on some other site and post 10,000 times...sounds like a troll, smells like a troll, have you even been watching any games????

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

30 wins is exceedingly unlikely. And I don't think 42 wins is painful when you get that with the youngest team in the NBA helmed by a 23-year old budding superstar.

It's only painful when it's a lineup with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Marcus Camby, etc...

4. haven

haven Member

You know, I actually think 25-30 wins might be best in the long-run. This team need another borderline all-star. All of the core players are young enough that a rookie could mature with them.

That said, I view last night as strong evidence that this team will win more than 25-30 games. The Rockets ruthlessly exploited the Knicks' weaknesses in ways no other team has this season. Enjoy that.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does seem hard to see how we won't win 30+ games this year.

So what free agents are available this summer?

6. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Next month is gonna be really tough...we'd be lucky to win maybe 4-5 games....Hopefully we can at least win 8-9 of them, but it won't be easy and what the OP said will resurface for sure.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Context is everything. A 31-45 season can be perfectly fine.

Case in point, Utah Jazz. 8th seed last year. Would have had 44-45 wins in a 82 game season. Got annihilated by San Antonio in the playoffs.

Is that a team that's going nowhere?

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I tried to enjoy it fully but that second quarter agitated me to no end. If harden could go off like this every game then the iso offense is fine, but i know he wont...he has shown he wont. The knicks are weak in interior offensively and they are an old slow team. We have no interior defense and speed is something we have in abundance. Imo wr are a bad matchup for the knicks.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I agree with the OP. Our offense leaves a lot to be desired. There are multiple factors that limit the offense obviously but at the same time it is still pretty unimaginative.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Josh Smith. I'm on record as supporting Jefferson the most, based on team needs.

12. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

I see your point completely. Harden should be used like Kobe is used. Parsons is emerging as a scoring threat so then maybe we can actually run plays as the season goes, instead of just iso, drive & kick

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I support D-Mo. At halftime Morey was interviewed at the RVG opener. Well worth the time to hear it. He talked for 8 minutes. But he said that D-Mo will likely be called up soon due to injury concerns (a diplomatic way of putting it). D-Mo 31 points on 13-23 shooting. 8 rebounds. Machado not so soon on the call up front.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No I don't see it. At all. Dwayne Wade maybe. But it would be a waste to use Harden like Kobe.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Link please would love to hear what he said!

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is an odd thing to say. If only because James Harden was used as an iso player back in OKC. In fact, in the Thunder v. Spurs series, a lot of stat guys made a pretty big deal out of the fact that when Harden, Durant, and Westbrook played together, they played as 3 separate entities. And contrasted that with the team oriented play of the Spurs. And in the minutes Durant and Westbrook didn't play, Harden had been the lead dog in offensive sets.

So really, it's actually the opposite you say. Harden has shown to be a great iso player. But he hasn't shown to be part of a team. Thus, it made sense that the Rockets tailored their offense to a Harden-centric one, rather than having him gell with the rest of the team.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

because maybe the coaching is better than your underqualified evaluation has assessed.

the best thing about rudy t as a coach was that he rode the hot hand. why would you stop the offensive onslaught last night to prove to new yorker that you can coach.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

D-Mo will get his chance this season, but I'd bet they sign a PF this summer and if Jones, D-Mo pan out in the next few years, trade the starter they sign.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

grow up eh? You pissing on everyone on this BBS is getting old.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think Harden relies so much on his quickness that when a defender can take away his penetration it really hurts his game. He's young though and I expect to see his game diversify as he struggles and learns new ways to score...just like other players have.