1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just An Absolutely Terrible Win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

hey chill out on the LOF . we LOF are happy about this win also. no complains.

2. HardLin

HardLin Member

So if you run simple plays - and they work - you're suggesting that they try something more complicated - just for grins and giggles?

They do have more plays - we've even seen them - they just didn't need them tonight.

3. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Nope. Disagree.

Harden is not being "used" inefficiently. As if it was the coaches' fault for forcing him to play a certain way. No, he's been playing the same brand of inefficient basketball almost every game. That's his style of play.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:rolleyes: I'm criticizing the way hes being used, not him as a player. calm down with that noise.

5. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Obligatory

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My fault i skimmed thru it. I like the last sentence on the third paragraph.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

Driving the lane and getting fouled will stunt Harden's growth as a player? That's what superstars do when they don't get solid looks... They drive and dish or get contact... This is like superstardom 101. If you're THE guy, you contribute. Period.

8. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

Yes, blowing out a good team makes this a "terrible win". :rolleyes:

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You need a girlfriend.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

If this happened last year, I can sort of understand, or even somewhat agree.

But this year... ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Do you honestly believe a game like this doesn't help the development of Parsons, Asik, Lin, Harden, etc., doesn't give them more confidence when facing tougher teams in the future? This is exactly the type of win that a young team relishes. Let them have their moments so they can build on this success. You are right. We are likely to be mediocre this year. But the point is building towards next year. And a few lottery positions isn't a big deal if our youngsters are playing above expectations.

11. kozmo

kozmo Member

na i think he has a point.....as soon as harden touches the ball hte movement stops....harden then creates off the dribble or just shooting a j.....if harden is off were in trouble...i would like to see more movement and harden coming off screens, lin feeding him.....unstopable

12. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

Excellent point...my thoughts exactly. Taking candy from a baby.

13. TheresTheDagger

Read my signature.

14. dje243

dje243 Member

So your definition of inefficient play is someone going 7 of 15 with 3 of 5 behind the arc and 16 of 16 from the FT line for 33 pts? Also I'd like to point out that Harden also had more assists than anyone on either team.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Too early to complain about it.

Tonight it was clearly working. Harden had mismatches all night and the Knicks were lackadaisical on defense.

As they say... if ain't broke don't fix it.

The real test will be another game where it is NOT working... then we will see if the coach makes the necessary adjustments. At that point if the coach does Not adjust the offense away from Harden iso ball, then you'll have something to complain about.

For now, just enjoy the win. We have all year to complain about the coaches.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We just crushed the team with the best record in the league (yes, it was the Knicks, but still...) and this is what you came away with? Man, it's going to be one long miserable season for you.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

18. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Harden 33 pts on 15 shots gets called out for hero ball

Oh Clutchfans, you never fail to amuse me

19. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Just goes to show that even with a great team blowout win against one the best teams in the league, fans are still not happy...

20. sidestep

sidestep Member

I agree with the OP. Harden and Chandler shot great, but the offense, insofar as there was any sense to it, didn't look good. Great win, but these kind of wins are not sustainable.