1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jussie Smollett attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

True story.

Senator and BruceAndre like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He lawyered up.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

6. body slam

body slam Member

gotta blame it on something

7. body slam

body slam Member

Smollette?

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cohete Rojo, mick fry and body slam like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Scoreboard is Real.

This L could mean the difference between a 1st or 2nd round pick.

10. body slam

body slam Member

So the "victim" withholds evidence and lawyers up.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Chicago (CNN) - Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

More at link...

12. Nook

Nook Member

I live in Chicago. Yeah people were out and doing stuff. No idea who the guy attacked is and don’t really care.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

wait so hiring a lawyer absolutely proves you're guilty? good news for mueller, sdny, and congressional investigations..

14. Senator

Senator Member

So ...

You don't think he's guilty of a hate crime?

Perpetuating hate against those of white ethnic backgrounds using false allegations? Why shouldn't he serve time for this?

mick fry likes this.
  15. jsingles

jsingles Member

This seems to be playing out just like those kids in D.C. Blame white people because they're white, until facts and reality are presented showing the exact opposite. Media will just move onto a another story as soon as another person feels they can lie and get away from it. Unfortunately, the national media's bar for research and fact-finding is extremely low. What the hell is happening, who can I even turn to nowadays for actual real news?

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Weird case, and don't care about this person, but a couple of things:
    1. Guy sounds completely bonkers. Like: mentally ill. #bewell
    2. He wasn't, like, stockpiling weapons with a plan to attack a white church or something. Is trying to orchestrate a stunt to gain sympathy for yourself and a political posture a hate crime?

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for prosecuting him. And if he was encouraging violence against whites, then that would be a hate crime, I would think. If he was just "trying to make certain people look bad," then I have no idea what that is, but most of us in this forum would be guilty. :D

jcf likes this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

I still don't know what happened. When they brought in the two individuals for questioning, it sure seemed like he made the whole thing up. But then, the department issued its statement and the Empire show stated he was still on it.

I agree that it is a weird story.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Senator

Senator Member

1. Well, he is gay. ;)
    2. Given the ocntext, Absolutely. If hate speech, inciting violence and false allegations in a broken system have led to decisions in the past, this is right up there with him. Don't forget he did a media tour and played on the stereotype that there are all these racist maga hat wearers dying to attack black men when the majority voted for trump because they felt it would help them economically (short term). The media loved playing into his hands but you won't see any major apologies from them or the media pundits out there when the victims are white.

You are incredibly naive if you don't think this was a hate crime to incite anger against white people as a whole on his part +++ the climate he and the liberal media played into. He should not only never work again, but serve time with a felony on his record. In many ways, this is much worse than him beating up a white person in an alley because he used his platform of stupid followers to provoke everyone nationally.

mick fry and Roc Paint like this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I think he maybe based on what has come out so far. but just like everyone else he deserves his day in court. he will need to either plead guilty or found guilty without reasonable doubt by a jury.

i was simply responding to someone saying the suspect was more guilty simply because he hired a lawyer

and LOL you know who's absolutely done this over and over with tons of evidence???