1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

July 1 meeting for Rockets: Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 29, 2018.

1. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I can't imagine Green, a journeyman wing in his early 30s, getting much more than the vet minimum. We gave him the opportunity to play for his hometown and resurrect his career, and damn did he do it. I have to feel that he'd want this thing to keep going, short of a team throwing him $5 MM +.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Two words.

LeyBron. Jaymez.

[​IMG]

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Touché

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Someone give this man a Chinese shoe deal!!!

This is why we have ugly city jerseys!!!!!

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is one role-player i think we have to be prepared to say good bye to. relative to what Luc provides us (or even Ariza), i just don't think spending money to bring Green back makes sense. We should probably focus on finding the next Green type player for the minimum.

No disrespect. I loved watching him when he was hitting on all cylinders.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

who would be this other minimum player that provides the rockets with what Green is to them.

i recognize theres plenty of guys better than him. thats not the issue. but willing to take min is the problem

34to11 likes this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If he signs somewhere else, good deal. He was on the literal last few hours of his career then gets a reprieve and balls out. He should get all he can at this point and we should all be happy for him.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

GG hold it dine for h’tine

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Its obviously not easy. Im just saying that he'll likely command more than the min, we cant bring everyone back, and we'll probably need to pull in a few undervalued guys for the minimum like we did with Luc and Green this past season.

But agreed those guys dont grow on trees.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he commands more than min for this team, by all means he should leave bc he isn't worth much more. Just remember the money is dry. And he was ready to retire meaning he was content with where he was at before his hometown rockets gave him a chance. And they ended up being the only team that stood a chance to get a ring. This is essentially all a bonus for him. He won't get everything he has here anywhere else in the league

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Do what’s best for himself. I’m a fan of his, regardless of where he goes. I understand the game is a business.

I hope someone offers him a 8 figure contract. He truly deserves it.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Cuz its hot as hell in Houston.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Meanwhile, Ryan Anderson.......

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Is Gerald Green the next Josh Smith?

Obviously has tremendous love for the city but the Rockets' shouldn't (won't) offer him anything more than a vet min deal. I hope Green won't get offended like Smith did back in 2015 and sign elsewhere, to almost spite us.

I love Green's love for the city as much as the next guy but there's a reason why he has never really stuck with a team during his career. He provides very little defense, if any, and his offense is based on terrible shot selection that makes even casual fans who know little about the game wonder what the hell was he thinking by taking that shot.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should take the highest offer he can get......would love him to stay, but he needs to make as much as he can....it is the end of his career.

DD

BamBam likes this.
  16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, MDA was dying to give all of Green's minutes to Joe Johnson as the team was getting their playoff rotations in order. If Joe Johnson was even a little good, I think MDA would have favored him over Green.

And neither wouldn't have played much at all if Luc wasn't hurt/in his head about his shoulder.

That should be kind of a sign to Green that, while the team, fans and the city loves him, he isn't absolutely vital to the team's success if its going to cost more than the vet min.

Of course, he should really consider the highest offer but if he thinks the Rockets are going to match or come close, then he's going to be mistaken.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

He is an elite chucker, but a chucker is still a chucker, and no other team will want him chucking like we let him chuck, therefore I doubt another team will try to outbid us. Hope we get him for the vet min.

18. macan

macan Member

how about give him the minimum + lifetime courtside seat in Toyota center. take it or leave

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Its happening?

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's gonna be a really terrible off-season if we have to pay both CP3 and Capela the max while losing Gerald Green and Ariza.