1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Journal Times]Yao to miss first two months of season?[UPDATE: Rockets deny report]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Jul 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this, although we both know that there is a significant group of people here and an enormous group of "fans" elsewhere who have their noses far up Jordan's jock and will ignore the facts.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't believe holding yao back when the season starts is due to his injury. most likely it is due to his playing shape if he doesn't play in first two months.

as other posters pointed out. it took big Z about 11 months after the sugery to get on court to play real games with limited minutes.

it has already been 12 months since yao's surgery. there are still more than two months to go before the training camp. i fully doubt yao won't play in first two months.

another interesting point is how morey said yao will be fully ready to play when the playoff starts. morey calculated yao's recover completely based on big Z. It took 21 months for big Z to play the starting role, average 30 minutes / per game after his surgery. when the playoff starts on march, 2011, it's about 21 months after yao's surgery.

3. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

From Jonathan Feigan's blog:

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/07/signed_sealed_and_delirious_sc.html

4. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

5. Htown's2kFinest

1 person likes this.
  6. WNBA

WNBA Member

I doubt it was just bull****.

This news has been hitting to NBC, CBS and all over the sports world. Why would anyone make this thing up?

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

1. If he is NOT confident to come back to all star level to earn him a big contract next summer, he'd take that less money but longer extension.

2.) Signing Miller proves that DM thinks Yao'll be back and be the starting center, because Miller is a 34 years old back up center. If DM knows Yao's done don't you think he'd spend the money on someone younger and will be in our future plan??

3.) this rumor?? no comment

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Anybody with a logistical brain should know this is false.

9. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

But they are all quoting the same person, Ben W something from Milwaukee. Think he has inside scoop with Yao, personal family friend?

10. The Brian

The Brian Member

i don't know about 2 months...but i support a decision to bring yao back gradually, and have him skip the first few weeks or first month of the season.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

IT'S NOT MADE UP, but it's still a USELESS report. Listen.

The "news" isn't that Yao is expected to miss up to two months of the season. The only news there, really, is that Rockets officials are optimistic that Yao will be ready to go by the opener. It simply says that they're not going to rush him, and in a scenario where he's not healthy, they could rest him up to two months.

It's the equivalent of me writing a report saying if Aaron Brooks tears his ACL, he'll be out for nine months. To that you'd say well, duh, but it's pointless because he hasn't torn his ACL. It's the EXACT SAME THING here. The writer is saying what could happen IF Yao isn't healthy. He's NOT saying Yao isn't or won't be healthy.

12. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Y'all are overreacting to a rumor. Of course the team wants to be careful with his return. He's not done.

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

I have no confidence in today's media but I think the possibility is low that they would want to make themselves a fool by spreading such a rumor from a random blogger.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Again, no one can look like a fool because no one is saying Yao will or even is expected to miss time! The writer is saying Yao COULD miss two months of the season IF he isn't healthy. It's impossible to look like a fool because it's a common sense statement to make. No risk for the media.

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LMAO! Dude, you suck! You made me spit out all of my 7Up on my laptop!

16. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

nowadays anyone can go on twitter and post some nonsense "shocking" news can't they?

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

They are using old news, which when first published had no foundation to it,as Yao's recovery at that time did not have much going for it JY :p

18. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

The Racine, Wisconsin local newspaper = the authoritative insiders on Houston Rockets basketball

19. BigTex

BigTex Member

no need to rush him back

as long as he is ready for the playoffs

20. lalala902102001

Yao may not miss two months at the beginning of the season, but don't expect him to be even close to 100% until after the ASG. The Miller signing is necessary and a very good decision.