1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

For a vet min. In a second.

2. basketballholic

It is so annoying to read the terms "spread the floor" and TJones and/or JSmoove in the same post.

Nothing could be further from the truth. NEITHER TJONES NOR JSMOOVE SPREAD THE FLOOR! Neither player can shoot the ball. THEY DO NOT SPREAD THE FLOOR!

Please quit putting up these annoying posts over and over and over again saying either of these guys "spreads the floor".

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

agreed 100%

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Rockets will pursue after him.

5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Noooooooo....I'm a Michigan Native so I've followed what he's done in Detroit, matching him up with our 3 point centric system is a match made in hell...On top of that he shoots in the 30% range every night...I'm sure he wouldn't be as bad in the locker room due to his relationship with Dwight, but I don't even know if you can even call him fools gold at this point in his career and that contract is horrendous...The Kings will take him because that would be the Kings thing to do hahaha

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

doesnt he have to clear waivers( meaning no team picks him up).. for us to sign him to the vet min

Morey has always loved Josh Smith, has always loved pf's in general

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes! Destroy that Mavs team. Just let Josh and Rondo shoot

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

answer me this, would josh smith be an upgrade over dorsey and tarik black??

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

you are forgetting they have Rick Carlisle as their coach, he will put Josh Smith in the right position to succeed.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Rockets, I'm told, are in fact-finding mode and weighing whether to make a Josh Smith run. Too early to say if they're in or out</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/547079824939159553">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets, I'm told, are in fact-finding mode and weighing whether to make a Josh Smith run. Too early to say if they're in or out</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/547079824939159553">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. Houston288South

I would definitely go after him. We need to be aggressive and take a chance. As stated several times already, he can't be any worse than Black or Dorsey

13. basketballholic

Would love to see Josh Smith on the Lakers.

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Dwight and Josh Smith are also close friends so i wonder if Smith will talk to Dwight.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. Definitely.

16. torocan

torocan Member

I was a bit stunned they waived him with that much money left on his contract, but I'm guessing that SVG must have a serious reason why he wants him gone.

I somehow don't see Smith making is past Waivers... he's not worth $13M/year, but I can certainly see someone wanting him. The real question is which bottom feeder/mediocre team ends up signing him.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston makes sense, with Dwight Howard/Josh Smith relationship, Terrence Jones injury, cheap price for a guy they talked to in free agency.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/547080421431726080">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Considering their big man injuries, the Warriors should take a look at it. Imagine Josh Smith running the floor with Golden State.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/547080390993670144">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

come on man, i don't care if he can't shoot 3s or not, as long as he can play D and Hustle, hes gotta be better than joey and black

19. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Depends on what you can get him for contract wise, the dude can ball and yes skill wise he is far superior to the two, but trust me when I say J-Smoove has yet to buy into a system...If he played a role off the bench and accepted it he would be great, but I've seen this story play out bro...Maybe it's the Dertroit side of me speaking, but I'd rather wait for a smaller piece than sign the Josh Smith that of Detroit...If he was the Josh Smith of Atlanta he wouldn't be in this situation

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kings have interest in signing soon to be free agent Josh Smith, source said. Per <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a>, Kings could’ve traded for him last offseason</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/547081129749008384">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>