1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 5, 2008.

?

Will Josh Smith give Hakeem a run for his money?

1. yes

14.5%
  2. no

63.6%
  3. no, but he will finish in the top three

22.0%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Very unlikely. Blocked shots tends to decline with age, and even more so with wing players.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

hollinger is god, if he says Josh Smith has a chance, I believe him...

what part of "he destroys everythings" don't people see??

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I couldn't agree with this more! Every time I see a block it seems that I am saying this to myself. Players these days, in my opinion, care more about showing dominance and being flashy than trying to do the little things to help their teams.

Pugs

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

athletically, he's marion on steroids

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's unlikely Smith will break Hakeem's record but it's possible. Depends on if he's healthy for the next 12-13 seasons and doesn't miss a lot of games.

Josh Smith is one of those guys who has almost limitless potential. I don't know if he's dedicated enough to basketball to be a superstar but he's pretty good right now. Unlike Nene & Dalembert, Josh Smith is a big you might consider giving a huge contract based on potential. No way the Hawks can allow him to leave. The Hawks should build their franchise around Smith, Joe Johnson and a PG.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Kind of getting off subject, but I have to say that the player I really love from the Hawks is Childress. IMO he's a Battier-lite. I'd love to have someone like him coming off of my bench. He already hits af ew 3's, but if he could just improve that area of his game I think he could be close to the level of Battier. I don't watch enough Hawks games to be sure that he plays the defense Battier does (well, who does?), but I know he's long and gets a decent amount of steals and blocks for the minutes he plays. Maybe it would be better if I said....I think he has the potential to be the next Battier?

Pugs

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

hah, you'd dump the probable ROY?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My bad. I left their other beast, Horford, out. My point is the Hawks need a good PG (and a new coach) to put it all together. They aren't that far away from contending.

10. MykTek

MykTek Member

my co worker calls his Osh Smith...because he doesn't have a J.... lol

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Your fellow co-worker is an intelligent person.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

At the rate he's going, he could catch up to Mutombo, but he's gonna have to step it up to 4 BPG for a couple of seasons before he can sniff Dream.