1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I want Josh Smith back.
    Great player

I hope he stay for the MLE

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It's not irrelevant at all, it's very relevant, especially considering the set off provision.

3. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

bye josh. Never was a fan

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

If you think this board doesn't hate European players, have a look at "Llull refuses to sign with Rockets" thread.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

give josh the full MLE... no Llull, so why not....from 5M to 8M isnt that far a stretch w detroit money factored in...

Leaves TJ, KPap nonguaranteed, Prigs partial, Lull rights, NJohnson, future first to move for a pg - even a Collison level guy would be fine if we then match Bev... give Brewer his payday (over the cap money anyway...)...Terry his min...

Bev/Collison?/JT
    Harden/Brewer/JT
    Ariza/Dekker/Brewer
    DMo/JSmith/Harrell
    D12/Capela

I'm good with that... lets roll!

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I love Josh, don't get me wrong, but the forced passes leading to turnovers, the terrible shots in the post, I could do without.

I know he helped us at times, at huge times, but in the end I think if we replaced him with Scola or Stoudemire, I think we'd be fine.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He's gone. Kings will offer him at least a 3yr/30M deal, Matthews and Monta turning them down over less than 5M is one thing but Smith going back to the Rox for over 10M I don't see it, I don't care how dysfunctional they are.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I want Josh Smith back on the Rockets

This team needs an Smith/Artest/Maxwell type player
    at all times

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Josh is either a 9 or a 3 type player
    I don't think Scola or Stoudemire's steady consistant 5 type players is a better option

Rocket River
    On a Scale of 1 to 10

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What we need is a PG first. Josh's strength is his versatility as a "point 4", despite his shortcomings.

Adding Scola or Stoudemire to the vet min, after that will make our overall position easier.

11. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

I want Josh back. But only for the right price: MLE

In any other case, i pass badly.

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Am I misunderstanding something? Why does giving Josh MLE matter? I thought he still would be getting DET's ~$7M a season next yr...and anything we offer less than that would just offset what DET had to pay him. Josh would receive the same. In other words, that our MLE is not additive to what DET is already forced to pay him.

So really, offering him a min. contract would be the same as MLE? Unless we are giving him a lot more than $7M a yr, why offer anything more?

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I only want Smith back on a discount. If a team is willing to pay him big money, the Rockets have to let him walk.

If I ever see another fast break lead by Smooze, it will be too soon. You can watch the turnovers happening in slow motion virtually every time Smooze leads the break. It was really driving me crazy last season.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm a big Smoove fan, hope he stays. But not for more than the mle

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's a strong chance he will do what most athletes would do and go to whomever is the highest bidder.

In that sense it's irrelevant.

16. newAge_Rockets

I don't understand how some of y'all don't want Josh Smith back. I will go to war with a PF rotation of Motiejunas/Smith. In fact, our entire front court seems stout when you factor in Howard and Capela.

Just trade Jones and Papanikolau for Collision, match Bev's offer whenever it comes. Boom, here's your rotation:

Collison/Beverley
    Harden/Dekker
    Ariza/Dekker
    Motiejunas/Smith
    Howard/Capela

This rotation is without Brewer and McDaniels. I really hope we sign at least one of them, especially Corey but I'm unaware of the cap implications after we theoretically trade for Collison.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

We are no longer getting Smith for a discount so there's really no need to go all in for him. He did kinda worked out while here, but he is quite unpredictable and inconsistent, something you'd expect from a rookie, not a 10 year vet. Lose or keep him, it aint gonna effect our performance that much. I mean, Morey aint gonna both let Smith go and trade Jones. If that happens I am sure he has some solid veteran PF in mind to back up DMO.

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We'd have around 1 million more actually. Collison only make 5 million. We'd be able to sign someone and we can match McDaniels and go over the cap for Brewer because we have his bird rights so it doesn't matter. If we have Smith the MLE, we'd be able to have them all.

19. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

I hope he stays. We would never had made it to the western conference finals without him.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Ariza was that for the team this before Smith showed up and throughout the year.