1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

top 3 league pass team

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

You're right about a SnT sending out Smith. Doesn't make sense.

Brewer is a much better option for a trade, assuming his starting pay isn't more than $8.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I believe this is true. We can only sign smith to the full MLE even in a S&T deal and i think Sac would offer him more than the MLE possibly. If that's the case S&t isn't an option.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked at all if Brewer is also a target for Sacramento. Brewer is ridiculous playing in Karls system flying all around the court. I'm sure George is pushing hard to get him.

5. Voice of Aus

josh smith was a borderline top10 FA that could be bought when u take out the davis', butlers etc..

6. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

They should take Brewer as well. George Karl might just quit.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's not saying much. Smith is a lesser FA whether you like it or not. Nobody came calling for smith initially. Teams waited for all the bigger names. If they strike out they move further on down the list. Simple as that

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If you are josh smith, this is the ultimate test of money vs happiness. You've suffered through the Detroit mess, came to houston and are the happiest you've been in your basketball life. Do you go to the sacto dumpster fire for more money when you are a multi millionaire? You've lived that misery and the clock is ticking on your career.

Nah, the only way you leave houston is if we land LMA and there's no playing time for you behind DMO. Otherwise, you're signing for the vet min here or what's left of the MLE.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm actually okay with Smith walking. Jones and DMO can hold down the 4, and everytime Smith jacks up some ill-advised 3pointer, a small piece of my soul dies. Don't get me wrong, he was a big part of our success this past season, but i'd rather give DMo those minutes.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can only imagine cousins and josh smith together. That's a complete wreck waiting to happen both on and off the court

11. Voice of Aus

its all about the money if I'm josh. he can always be traded but make sure you get your money

12. hakeemthagreat

Josh Smith literally saved us in the postseason. Yet ppl act like he's so easily replaceable:rolleyes:

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

I want to see Rondo/Lou/Gay/Smith/Boogie lineup so bad you have no idea. It would explode before the tip-off of the first game in pre season :D Having 1 of these guys is bad for most teams. Having all 5 AND on a team like Kings is a god damn comedy of the century!

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

Go ahead, let them take him... he will be waived after a month and then he'll come back for minimum money

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

They are targeting everyone though

16. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Hope he goes, bye bye. Yes he was part of our run but in the long run he will do more harm than good.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

His style is difficult at times but he fits this system so well.

He really bought into this style of play, cut down the midrange shots and attempted threes instead (and did a solid job in the postseason).

He has so much heart, great passer. If we can keep him for the MLE, we need to.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

It stills baffles me that Sac didn't offer the same trade package they gave to the 76ers for Lawson. Makes zero sense

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Detroit money is irrelevant. He's going to go to whomever pays the most and is the best fit.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Inglorious Basterds. With Georgie at the helm they would def be Hard(wood) Knocks fodder.