1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith suspended 1 game by Hawks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rolyat93, Jan 16, 2013.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we were trying to win a championship RIGHT NOW: David West. I'd rather give TJ and DMo some time.

2. rocketblood713

3. SK34

SK34 Member

Why do you drool all over Lins d?

1 person likes this.
  4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

agreed

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeeiQu5073k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I can't imagine a player that is more anti-Moreyball than Josh Smith. I think in order to win with him he needs to come a lot cheaper and play the role that Odom played with the Lakers.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hmmm yeah.. and those analysts on NBA.com are huge jokers putting him on the MVP list twice

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So what did he do?

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm guessing he vented his frustrations out about Atlanta's losing ways, and maybe the fact that they've never really accomplished anything in his tenure is starting to bite at him.

Come to Houston, Smith. Smoove Beard-sanity,

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Answer my question..

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what does Josh Smith do that deserves him getting on the MVP list? The Hawks haven't been relevant since he was drafted, they've been to the playoffs however they've also been playing in the Leastern Conference, if they were in the West Atlanta would've been a lottery team. And it's not like they didn't have talent either, they lacked a pg but Smith was playing with prime Joe Johnson and Al Horford for a couple of years, and the Hawks still sucked.

I don't really understand why people like this guy. He's got some rebounding, shotblocking and passing skills but he doesn't have high Bball IQ to take advantage of his immense talent. He's been working with Hakeem offseason but it still hasn't translated into his game, he still has no go-to move X years in the league. He's also a tweener, he's too slow for SFs but seems too small for PFs.

I don't even need stats, just from eye test alone you can see he won't be the guy to put us over the top. Has there ever been a game Smith has dominated the way other PFs like Love or LMA have? I can't really recall any, simply because he has no low post moves and has no jumper. More importantly, the dude wants the max. The other poster is right, maybe Smith is better than our PFs combined. But our Pfs aren't exactly franchise caliber, you can add all of them and they won't even equal Carlos Boozer at this point. If Smith came for free and signed up for 8-10M a game, then yes he's a good signing. At the max though, you gotta pass. Let the bank of Cuban take him.

12. nebula955

nebula955 Member

If we could throw Morris/Patterson/Aldrich/cash assets or some cheap deal like that we should totally do it.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Josh Smith threw a fit. I will take J.Smith, if he comes cheap, if not. Pass, do not collect $200 from Rockets.

Taken from Atlanta Journal Consitution:

Usually that means something like this:
    -- Coach to player: “Why don’t you do what we tell you?”
    -- Player to coach: “Why do I get blamed for everything?”
    (Insert colorful adjectives.)
    This exchange is sometimes followed by one or the other throwing something. A fit, a Gatorade bottle, a punch.