1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith plan B for the Rockets (Via Vecsey)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 3, 2013.

1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I think you are overvaluing CP3 - no way he is the best of all time. But he is the best PG right now and probably of this generation.

So why would anybody not want him? I could think of two reasons:

1. Both he and Harden play best with the ball in their hands. Playing them together doesn't play to their strength and could make one of them unhappy...

2. CP3 is said to be kind of a diva who wants control over all the teams decisions.

That being said, of course I want CP3 - but I'd prefer Howard, because I think he is a better fit.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We will regret it. Those wild jumpers he takes.

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You're lucky you joined earlier than last July. :cool:

OP: now we have to really hope Dwight signs. JSmith near max is bad. If he takes a pay cut it's OK.

1 person likes this.
  4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Because GMs never blow smoke or use misdirection :rolleyes:

cyberx is as close as we have to a truly verified, credible source. his insights/inside info is golden, and i believe many senior clutchfans members (and Clutch himself?) have vouched for his credibility. only relays what he hears, not necessarily what he KNOWS will happen (he doesn't know the future) through his job that is related to sports agency, prob on the LA side.

5. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

If the Hawks are trying to get Howard too why would ATL S&T Smith to Houston to help them land Howard? Don't see it happening.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Morey always lies to the media until FA is over. Remember when he said Landry would be a Rocket for a really long time? Yup, that's exactly what happened!

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Hickie interested, makes sense..

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

This is why Vecsey lost all of his credibility....he makes **** up. The Rockets will not just spend their cap money JUST to spend it. It's Dwight or Paul and if they strike out this summer....they will wait until next for Kevin Love. Splash or continue to let the youngsters grow. Pete Vecsey wipes his @ss BEFORE he sh!ts

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Meh. Josh Smith alone is a nice consolation prize and he will make this team better, but not by much. But maybe that would be enough?

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's too bad, yea, Twitter kind of kills any sort of non traveling rumors from these forums.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just can't see it why kill the cap for a second guy that is not a star? Josh Smith alone will not put you in serious contention. Unless you strike out on Howard and Paul then add Smith, then look to add a star once Lin and Asik are gone. But that a huge risk. Maybe Morey just thinks that Smith actually wants to be here and better a bird in the hand. If we sign him it should be for nowhere near the max.

12. QazQay

QazQay Member

Looks like we want to become the Atlanta Hawks.

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well, it's not really that big a help... We can clear the needed space without touching Lin or Asik by trading TRob and White - and getting rid of them seems to be a good idea anyways. On the other side, they get a great value big man so Horford can play his natural position and a decent PG with upside and lots of media attention for basically nothing (they will probably let Smith walk anyways).

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was hoping we wouldn't target Smith period, unless it's a 1 year rental. But I've been made aware we are. As option C. Not B.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Kevin Love is not a free agent next summer.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't even understand why morey would want Smith in the first place. He's not even deserving of half the max contract.

Rockets are better off developing Terrance Jones, who I believe is going to be a younger, better, smart version of Josh Smith. Plus, he comes at a fraction of the cost.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's a tradeable asset. They can flip him for someone else, if they wish to.

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

This is the truth :mad:

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey already said at the season ticket holder Q&A, if they can't land one of the top two free agents (obviously D12/CP3), we will keep our powder dry, wait for next summer and just do one year guaranteed deals.

That means no Smith, Milsap, etc.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Aw hell naaaww.