1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith. No Hustle, No boxout, Chucking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tmac619619, May 21, 2015.

1. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

If Smith had anywhere close to the passion and dedication that Draymond Green has, he'd be an all-star.

2. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

He's 29 and in the physical prime of his career. Sadly, this is as good as he'll ever get.

3. houseofglass21

This guy has got to go before next season

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

From bench to starter turned the tide against the clippers. From starter back to bench now? It's still to early, let's see how game 3 goes.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i still want him back for cheap. imagine smith and cap off the bench with dmo and dwigh tstarting. he had a bad game lord have mercy on his soul. that smith and dwight p&r is gonna kill teams in the rs

6. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

I say start Jones again, and let Smith bring a spark off the bench.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

him and brewer were just as bad in the first couple of games vs Clippers, then they both turned it around. same thing is happening now, they both had 2 bad games and our team is reactionary. I think they'll figure it out and have better games. BTW Prigioni played pretty bad for the little amount of time he played also.

9. arubato

arubato Member

Don't worry guys. He is due for a big game 3.

10. tenguin

tenguin Member

i think this is the adjustment that needs to happen. maybe they get tired after starting so many games?

11. JazzLakerHater

I bet you weren't saying that after the Clippers series.

12. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

You're dumb as a rock. How can you even hate on him right now? We are here only bc of him. Yes he sucked today, but dang you're dumb.

I think today he was trying to hard to create. He needs to just let the offense flow through harden and let the game come to him.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He was horrid tonight. Seems like Josh and Corey either give you great games or terrible ones -- not a whole of in between for either one of them. Corey is a little less noticeable because he doesn't jack up a ton of shots when he's off. It was really puzzling that we seemed to be running the offense through Josh at times tonight. Not sure if it was a deliberate effort to get him going, but man, was he chucking.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I love Josh Smith's decisions when he isn't looking to score for himself. Smith is somehow showing he has that clutch game. Dude can miss the first 5 shots but as soon as the game is on the line he starts draining 3s (like Ariza). I don't understand how he fumbles the ball around all the time though. If he fixes that then I'll always be happy to see him playing for us. I hope we sign Josh for cheap because he really can be a difference maker when he wants to be.

15. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

**** Josh Smith and DO NOT RESIGN this lazy POS Morey. He may have been instrumental in games 6 and 7 vs the Clips but this mother****er is damn near 100% the cause of both these big losses v GSW. His play in the 4th as we tied the score in game 1 with the stupid turnover and missed shot and lazy D were egregious, but that dumb as **** pass in the lane that was telegraphed when we went on that run to close the 8 point gap to 2 was so god damn dumb it's ... Can't even put into words how angry I was when he did that, that was a 4 point swing just like that. Dude is plain stupid when it counts the most. No thanks he can move on once the season is over as far as I am concerned

16. AB423

AB423 Member

I don't understand why you keep shooting when you cant make ****. Yeah he's had big games for us but you got to know when you are rolling or not.

17. Asian Sensation

We've already been thru this in the first 2 rounds and pretty much Smoove's whole career. There's "bad Josh" and "good Josh". When he's good he looks like a world beater. If he were consistent he would be one of the all time great 4's and a HOFer. When he's bad he looks like games 1 and 2 and the earlier games against the Clips.

Can't give up on Smoove right now... Good Josh is about to appear soon and he's gotta whole lotta givveth left. Can't wait for him and Dwight to reconnect on the lobs, block the **** out of Draymond, run the fast break on turnovers, hit step back 3's in crucial times, body check Curry into the score table and dunk on Bogut's face. It's coming...

18. malakas

malakas Member

Look at it like this: if there wasn't BAD Josh Smith and only GOOD Josh Smith he wouldn't be even on the team right now and Detroit wouldn't have waived him. He would have been a star.

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

He is the Rockets' Jamal Crawford. No, no, no, yes kinda player.

1 person likes this.
  20. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

josh smith is our j.r smith, but every team needs a j.r :)