1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith MIA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

best part of that article is that it reveals the existence of a secret Rockets playbook, which some fans suspected had gone missing

so yes Virginia, JB has a playbook

2. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

3. Fantasma Negro

Repped, I love the new J Smoove. He builds team chemistry boosts morale. And when his shot gets back he'll be ready to step in and contribute

4. alethios

alethios Member

Only his shot is MIA - he's the consummate professional.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    When I spoke with Morey at the game in Portland a few weeks ago, he said that Josh was struggling with a back injury. Josh didn't want to make a big deal of it and thought he'd be better in a few days. My guess is it's continuing to be a problem for him. Even when he was playing, he struggled quite a bit.

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Smooth has y appreciation from last year, but I am happy with him getting DNP-CD's

7. heads.up

heads.up Member

I knew something was off with him, he hasn't been moving well at all past couple games and settled strictly for jumpshots. Contrast that to the first 2 games when he was traded back here Smoove was swatting shots and being a great playmaker. We have enough depth for him to rest up and get ready for the playoffs.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

JB is so funny. First he said that they had a "limited" playbook. Then he said Smith could hit free throws when he is shooting only 56% this season.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Clicked on the thread thinking he was really missing. Like wandering around with Delonte West outside the loop missing

10. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

True Dat

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

J Smoove is saving himself for the Playoffs.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I asked about this the other day, as you all know, I am a fan of Josh because of the underrated things he does in the post. The problem is that he's not being placed in his comfort zone where he's an excellent passer and post defender.

What I've heard is that he's relatively quiet and accepting his role as a vet. Josh doesn't complain. Like his interviews, he's happy to be here.

Also, as many have noticed, he's battling some minor injuries from not playing much in LAC and then becoming part of the rotation here.

He's ready to go, but I think the rationale is to rest him until playoff time.

As much as some of you despise him, you'll be eating crow when he delivers in the playoffs like last year.

Some tend to forget how underrated he is with passing from the high post and catching those passes in the keys for a nice hook. We simply haven't used him where his strengths are, and that's a result of our style of play, unfortunately. If we put Smoov in the post, he'd easily get you 10 or so a game.

He'll be back into the swing of things shortly.

In the playoffs, you need EXPERIENCE. Josh has that.

13. rockets13champs

What is this breaking bad??

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Uncle Rico for the win? :eek:

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Do the Rockets have a back injury curse?

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not here for Josh Smith slander

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I know you probably want this to be a jab at JB, but he was talking about Beasley being able to hit free throws, not Smith. And as a 76% career free throw shooter, he's right.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My thoughts exactly. Great attitude. No clue why the media gives him a bad rep.

I've never been a huge fan of Smith's game. But I feel like JVG would have this guy playing some really meaningful defense for us. I feel like Adelman would have him playing some really meaningful offense for us. With JB... what's the point?

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My guess is he is still injured. Morey said as much about him to Top_five's GF when we played Portland pre-all star break. He also isn't hitting his shots right now. He will get his time.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I stand corrected. I didn't click on the article. Since this was a Smith thread, I assumed that the quote was about Smith.

For the record, I am not as negative about JB as some posters here. I think he is given an impossible task and I don't blame him for this season's woe.

1 person likes this.