1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith has agreed to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobbythegreat, Dec 24, 2014.

?

Do you like the move for the Rockets to sign Josh Smith at the bi-annual exception ($2.1M)?

1. YES

862 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. buck711

buck711 Member

This made me LOL.

2. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets working on a deal to create a roster spot, according to a source. Smith expected to sign Thursday or Friday.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/547820320682278912">December 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

This is either a great move or it backfires. Hope for the best.
    I hope DMo is on board with going back to the bench also. Can't imagine him re-signing with the team when his contract is up and at the same time, I hope we don't trade him away.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Welcome Terrence Jones' potential! Came a little early!

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And if Harden is too tired to produce on D some nights, we can sub in Brewer!! Super D.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Goodbye Black. :(

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Question will be if we will be under the tax and can offer him the full MLE next year. If we trade for Dragic, that looks doubtful, given he will command $15 million per year +.

9. Man

Man Contributing Member

Is he RFA after season? Do we aim to re-sign at the end of the season? Or are we going for LMA?! :p

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Dragic.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its been good knowing you Black. Wish you the best.

12. txn

txn Member

Just curious, is there still any other possibility besides 76ers picks him off the pool before he clears waiver that can screw this up?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

SMOOOOOOOVE

1 person likes this.
  14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

He already committed to rockets

15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Hopefully we're going to be as good as we're going to be on NBA 2K.

1 person likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I like this move for depth purposes. That said, JS has got to be a team guy, play under control and within the system. There is no doubt that Smith is talented, let's just hope he plays to his strengths and helps this team.

I do not want to trade DMo for Dragic if that is on the table. I feel like we are going to need all of the Rockets bigs playing at a high level come playoff time and who knows what can happen regarding injuries.

Things seem to be shaping up nicely. Exciting times being a Rockets fan.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Capela to 76ers should happen. We win win now mode. Or black to philly. He could get some burn there

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No only the 76ers could screw us, which they won't.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Toughness.

That's what I like about our starting 5. Toughness, and they all have playoff experience. Smith has been through many wars as a Hawk, and we already know about Ariza and Howard. Throw in Harden's experience with the Thunder and Rockets- and well, a bit on Beverley- and you just feel a bit more confident with them in the playoffs (along with Terry and Brewer off the bench).

But I like that they're tough. No offense against Lin or Parsons, but I felt this was something they lacked, as well as Jones a bit. Our starting 5 is one of the toughest in the league now. I think it bodes well for the future.

But I'll always be appreciative of Black, D-Mo, Papa, etc. for keeping the ship afloat with all the injuries. Without their exceptional efforts, we could easily be an 8th seed. No matter what happens to them, I am grateful for what they did this season to-date. Even Dorsey.

3 people like this.
  20. txn

txn Member

Yes, I understand this part. However, technicially, he won't clear the waiver until 5pm EST, isnt it? So before that point, any team who's under the cap can claim him off the pool, if I didnt misunderstood the rule. The only one team I know is 76ers, I am not sure whether Phx is qualify to this or not after their recent trade.