1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith getting paid by Pistons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 7, 2015.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He let Parsons out of his super cheap contract. That directly led to him getting the offer sheet from the Mavs. That was all Dan Fegan needed to steer one of his clients towards his buddy's team. Parsons likely would've received a big contract regardless, but he did get more money a year earlier because of that.

2. dutchbut

dutchbut Contributing Member

If you got a settlement from your last employer, would you work for your next employer for minimum wage? I hope Josh gets paid. He is worth the money. I would love to see him with the Rockets. If that is at a discount rate the God Bless him.

3. joesr

joesr Member

I am pretty sure it has been put out plenty of times that it was an agent agreement between him and Morey because of DH12, not because Morey wanted to.......

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm well aware of the alleged agreement. He was still doing Parsons and Fegan a solid by agreeing to that. Of course Morey didn't want to, but it helped the Dwight signing go more smoothly. I really doubt it would've been a deal-breaker with Howard, unless he's just completely brainwashed by Fegan.