1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Relentless

Relentless Member

No kidding, it was killer when that bust Travis Johnson would be on 610. Eesh

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Innes talking to Mike Missanelli here at Eagles camp. &quot;Hey, how can we drum up some dumb bs feud?&quot; <a href="http://t.co/0pdSR5mWhE">pic.twitter.com/0pdSR5mWhE</a></p>&mdash; Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/634046643864625153">August 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://thebiglead.com/2015/08/19/philly-radio-clowns-nearly-got-into-a-fight-at-eagles-practice/

The bearded man in shorts in this image is named Josh Innes, a radio host in Philadelphia. To his right, the guy with glasses with the black shirt and his arms folded is Mike Missanelli, a rival radio host who we’ve written about a few times on this site, none of it flattering.

They’ve been feuding for months about ratings and relevancy, and the tough-talking clowns finally met face-to-face today, as Crossing Broad reported. Here’s a version from Philly.com:

Angered by the way Innes has spoken in the past about current Fanatic morning host Anthony Gargano, Missanelli brought up an incident where Gargano confronted Innes at WIP and continued to claim Innes was afraid to confront him in person.

Then, as Innes recalled to Ike Reese and Michael Barkann, “I took off my sunglass, looked him straight in the face and said, ‘your show f’ing sucks.”

That caused Missanelli to aggressively move toward Innes, who backed away before Eagles security intervened and separated the two.

“Yeah, he stepped back and wet himself just like he did months ago when Gargano confronted him,” said Missanelli. “Anybody can be a tough guy behind a microphone.”

“I’m not afraid of the guy, but why am I going to get in the fight,” said Innes. “He’s a typical meathead bully who can’t settle things with his words.”

The only aspect of this that was confusing was that Missanelli is considered a “meathead.” The 76ers had a media basketball game at the start of last season, and he and I were on the same team. Meathead isn’t the 1st, 5th or 10th word that would come to mind to describe him. (He did tell me, after I missed a 3-pointer, “drive it in, you don’t have to settle for the 3.” I ignored him. We won, and if memory serves, I scored two of the final three baskets.)

I get Philly radio in my car, but I haven’t once heard Innes on air. Missanelli is so terrible and uninteresting (and he talks about hockey a lot), I actually find myself listening to Mike Francesa discuss the friggin’ Mets bullpen for a few moments before listening to a Howard Stern re-run.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stop, man, he's gone finally, let's never remember.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Philly seems an appropriate place for him.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Thanks for reminding me Josh Innes existed

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I thought the bump was going to announce he died of lack of talent.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Isnt Mike the guy that got heat for that Victor Cruz tweet?

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who the F is Josh Innes and what has he ever done to deserve a thread of his own?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Josh Innes is an utter fat ****.

He thinks hes hot stuff, just an ugly fat ****.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/01/radio-wars-the-ratings-6.html

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

what's a house negro?

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I guess race relations ARE moving forward in America...

14. The Law

The Law Member

Go what Django and pay close attention to the character portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson. That is your answer.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just another reminder as to why Houston sports radio is 20x better without him.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You said it man. The guy is such a joke. His shtick is all that is wrong with sports radio. So glad to be rid of him.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

To put it nicely, someone that always agrees with their boss/master.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What an ignorant idiot. Totally inappropriate descriptor in pretty much any context

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I honestly don't know how that guy pulls a paycheck at all.

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

From what I heard his dad is some big wig in the business.