1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

YES! Never miss it.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He was just saying how UH coogs hate him too. Is he getting canned soon? I remember hearing how Rich blew up on him a few months back and a lot of us were hoping he'd be outta here.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Charlie Pallilo is the most knowledgeable guy on the radio and he's very honest about how the rockets suck when they suck and are good when they're good

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Never heard of him.

5. conquistador#11

because 610 actually talks nfl football when the Texans are doing well, unlike a certain 790 show that I used to love, I've been listening more to the ex drive time players and (in disbelief) Mark and chupacabra's show.
    Josh has grown on me. He is very knowledgeable in his craft when he is not being a jackass.

The only guy I can tolerate not talking sports is Lance. Great sense of humor and his voices are always entertaining. I have to disagree about Wexler. He is smart and does his research, plus he has a good voice for radio. Unfortunately, I can't listen to those guys because they get off topic with things that have no interest to me. It's not lance's or wex's fault.

Ugh, I cannot believe I have to tune to el chupacabra to get my Texans fix.

I agree with moes too. The unwise solomon is pretty wise on the radio. His personality, voice, etc translate well to the am frequency waves.

I wishe Alyson footer had her own show!

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Josh and his Dad is always good radio.

Josh - people hate me here.
    Dad - because you're an ass.
    Josh - thanks dad.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What station is he on? I don't believe I've ever listened to him.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I can't tolerate the dead-horse beating callers and redundant topics when the Texans take up entire hours or multiple segments at a time. There is only so much I can listen to of "TJ Yates is better than Matt Schaub" and everyone giving their .02 before I have to change the station. That's why I like the big show ... they jump around enough so that it's not the same thing the whole hour (about how long I usually listen) or whole show, except when there is a truly compelling topic they will stay with it.

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Don't know him, don't care.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I believe it's pronounced "anus."

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Im in the minority and enjoy the J and R show. Rich im not a fan simply because of his lack of current Rockets knowledge even though he covered the team back in the 80s.

Meet Josh last June during Fanfest and was a cool guy to talk to.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I live out of town and love driving home listening to some Houston sports radio through my phone. After a while, I just couldn't take these jokers on 610. Thank goodness I found 790 and Charlie Palilo because they actually talk about sports.

I don't get why anyone would rather listen to the 610 show if they are actually into sports radio.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Due to my car getting terrible reception for some reason in evening (works fine during the day) I've started listening to Josh. He's not terrbile semi entertaining....

I think Matt Thomas might be the best he puts on a good shot with few callers/brutal callers...

The big 3 isnt working IMO

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trying to drum some ratings with some controversy? Cause he's biting me on the ass and I don't have a clue who he is. If he's in the late afternoon and he's not Charlie, I wouldn't have heard him.

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Typical Josh Anus. If you ever check out his twitter or facebook, it's nothing but quotes of people ripping him new ones so his "fans" can come back and tell him how great he is to pump up his ego, it's so transparent his Dad called him out on it on the radio one time. The reason people don't like him besides the fact that he's fat and arrogant, it's because he talks about sports 5% of the time, his life and things he enjoys 90% of the time, and the remaining 5% is him talking about people always complaining about how he doesn't talk sports. If he was an FM morning radio host I probably wouldn't mind him, but I don't listen to Sports Radio to hear about some fat slob's favorite 80's movies or how he went recently went to go see New Kids on the Block in concert with just him and another guy. If you ever watch Family Guy, the character Carl who works at a convenience store is pretty much Josh Anus and what he talks about everyday except its not funny..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wb1uDrTtyD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

790 from 3-7

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

My sports radio preferences:

Morning: Big Show on 790
    Noon: Jim Rome
    Early afternoon: Matt Thomas
    Late afternoon/evening: Charlie Palilo

In other words, 790 unless Rome is on and sometimes still Matt Thomas instead if I'm pumped about Houston sports for some reason (Yates last week, for example).

P.S. - Sports radio callers are freakin' idiots. I don't know how these radio hosts don't just call them such and hang up.

19. YaosDirtyStache

I dunno who he is but I am sure he is gay as hell

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Ines is annoying, but God, Matt Thomas and Pallilo are as boring as Ines is annoying. I almost fall asleep in my car on the freeway when I put them on. Believe it!

I miss The Sean and John Show.