1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Howard continues his horrendous offseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/16/josh-howard-isnt-about-celebrating-the-star-spangled-banner/

Warning: Vid nsfw (cursing, n-word)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1llOTCAyf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1llOTCAyf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video was taken prior to a charity celebrity flag-football game put on by Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony. There's a lot of random chatter going on, but the bit that's going to get people talking starts right at the 1:42 mark when Josh Howard looks into the camera and says:

The Star-Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't even celebrate that s--t. I'm black, goddamnit.

Wait ... what? It's not worth trying to parse any meaning from his comments because it's obvious he threw them out there without thinking. Lately, that's been a recurring trend.

I don't think Howard is a bad guy and I doubt he hates America (it feels silly to even say that, but I know some viewers will jump to that conclusion), but it's getting harder and harder to explain away his PR gaffes. First the mar1juana thing in the playoffs, then the birthday party, then the drag racing ... For the first four years of his career Howard was a relatively anonymous role player. Have the last five months simply been a ploy to increase his name recognition? Because it's working.

2. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Did I see Mike James? right before Josh Howard comes on.

3. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Josh Howard will always be an idiot.

4. DaDream

DaDream Member

what happened at a birthday party?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

what a stupid ass.

oh well...anything that hurts the mavbricks is fine by me.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

7. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

what a sad culture :rolleyes:

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yeah, obviously not well thought out...but i'm sure he was talking about how blacks weren't actually free when the song was written and not about hating the US. Still a Kanye West-esque comment, misplaced resentment.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

A multi-millionare pissing and moaning about that kind of stuff is just r****ded.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I read somewhere that Josh had his birthday party the night before a Mavs playoff game and Avery Johnson tried to talk him out of going to it the night before the game so he can concentrate on basketball, Josh went ahead and went.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

:confused: Anger over those past injustices have nothing to do with money.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I really don't think it has anything to do with "past injustices" because it really sounds like he said "Imma bomb all that *****" right after his comments, which hardly speaks of anything to me than him just being a douche.

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I'll never understand why people think they have to act so gangster.

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Dude, you're giving that guy waaaaaaay too much credit. You actually think he knows when that song was written? Or if by the grace of God he actually did know, do you really think THAT'S what he was trying to say?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, it is just a complete waste of time and energy, especially when the faux angered was not ever effected.

DD

17. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

It ain't white. I borrowed my neighbor's generator to be able to bring you this news. :p

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill tell you one thing... There is no need for the anthem at sporting events. It has no merit. Get rid of it. Save me some time. Don't yell at me there is a possibility I am delerious since I have no home at the moment. But ya, no anthems. Get rid of it please. Not the right place IMO.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

josh howard is an idiot.

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Smoke more weed Josh :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.