1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Gordon suspended again

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Dec 27, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

With all of his troubles, would you guys take Gordon on the Texans?

Honestly not sure if I would...It'd definitely have to be an incentive type contract with minimal guarantees. He's such a talented player, but he's proven time and time again that he can't mature.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I wouldn't.

He's too much of a knucklehead.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's all about how much he would cost. I would sign him for 3-4 million for a season as a gamble. We don't have to worry about Fitzpatrick throwing late night parties that will get him in trouble.... Maybe Mallett though. :)

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I have never wished the worst for any athlethe out there trying to get his but I wish that with Manziel. Ain't nothing wrong with going out having fun, hell hanging with Drake and Bron seems to be what's up too but the way this kid goes about all that and not handle his own on the field when so many people invisted in this clown is a joke. Really glad the Texans never even seriously considered drafting this dude.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Belicheck would... and would turn him into one of the greatest receivers ever (for 1-2 years), and then trade him for a bag of nuts once he starts reverting back to his former self.

The key is, does O'Brien command that sort of disciplinary respect that Belicheck has, that gets former trouble-makers to be on their best behavior (albeit on a short-term basis).

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

BOB doesn't have the track record that Belicheck does so he can't pull that off yet. When troubled players go to the Pats they know they are going to play with Brady, Bellichek, and to an established organization with a history of winning. You either do it their way or you get shipped off to another loser organization. If Belicheck didn't win he wouldn't command the same respect from players.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12093069/cleveland-browns-qb-johnny-manziel-says-back-words-action

Either I'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do.

At least he realizes his career is on the line.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Just saw Manziel partying in Miami on my friends snapchat right now. Looks like he's drunk. Wishing a happy bday to lebron lol

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

he needs to take the odell beckham jr route and ask lebron what it takes to be great

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree.

Crazy cuz I'm just watching her update every few minutes of him acting wild. This will be on tmz tomorrow. Someone will have good footage.

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

are you saying JFF is in miami w/ lebron celebrating lebron's birthday? why is lebron even in miami? don't they have a game tomorrow in atlanta? lol

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's in Miami with Victor Cruz from the snaps. No I'm guessing today is now Lebrons bday so they r shouting him out.

[​IMG]

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Wow it's only been a day after the Browns lose and he misses the walkaround, saying he'll learn or he'll be finding something else to do, and he goes to Miami to party it up. Dude had the next day flight from Baltimore to Miami lol. JFF gon' JFF.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

More pics of the chick.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Browns WR Josh Gordon flunked another drug test and now will be subject to a one-year banishment, per league sources. More on ESPN @ 6 pm.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/559452358435160064">January 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

career over?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta be. Somewhere Ricky Williams is disapprovingly shaking his head.