1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan - THE MAN - Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2010.

1. co-nan

co-nan Member

I think Hill is the man we can build the team around.
    He has so much potential and is improving every game.

2. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

dipsy doo scooper roo

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Is that the same quarter that Hill and Budigner were subbted and Budinger missed all his shots on offense, while doing nothing on defense?

4. BetterThanEver

Does anybody else think Hill will be better than Gortat, next year?

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Jordan is the new Hakeem.

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Weren't there reports that Hill tried to get with Hakeem over the summer but the schedules didn't match? If their session can actually come to fruition, Hill has the footwork to really replicate a few of Dream's moves. He showed a decent fade away jumper, some nice fakes, and a couple of jump hooks in last night's game alone. And he's showed ability to wait his turn after getting offensive rebounds to dunk it back all year. Dream's game was all about patience, making defenses react / dance around, then explode. Hill shows some of this, albeit seldom, and far between, but for the touches that he actually gets, he's making the most of it. He needs to hook up with Dream quick. :cool:

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

He appears to have the athleticism to be really good. The fact that he looks like a dope smoker (which he probably is) doesn't help his overall impression. At times he seems a bit hesitant, but when he is fully engaged, he flashes some niffty moves. He is a project. It is likely all about motivation, work ethic, and experience. Then we will see. The jury is still out. It would help if he and C-Bud laid off the wacky weed and got to bed earlier. ;)

8. Codeo

Codeo Member

Why didn't you answer the question? Did you watch the second quarter? If Jordan Hill didn't play at the level he did in that quarter this game would've been much tougher on the starters.

9. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Hi s next step needs to be to bring it every game.

10. raj87

raj87 Member

:confused: Where are the youtube videos of last night's Jordan Hill field goals?

11. YaoMingsSoulja

I hate jhill he has bad hands and makes really bone head plays. it looks like he's playing without a brain sometimes. He shows no emotion out there... But hey maybe I should give him a break its only his second year. I see him being traded pretty soon tho...

12. Prince

Prince Member

If only Rick had another choice.. ;)

13. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Sorry dude, some people work for a living. Yes he had a good 2nd quarter, I'm not denying that but he still has a ways to go before he's anointed the Guy. That's all I'm really saying and if Bud and Brooks had been hitting some shots that quarter his +/- might have been better yet. BUT it still was a -18 early in the 4th quarter which whether you agree or not doesn't say much for the team game he played (which was by far the lowest on the team including Bud).

I hope as much as anyone he comes around and becomes a player but so far all I see is an off the bench journeyman at best. Plus whoever wrote that a little footwork drills could remind them of Dream has to be kidding.

14. BetterThanEver

I am pretty sure the fans that are calling him the next Hakeem are being sarcastic. I don't think anybody is seriously proclaiming that he is the anointed one. :grin:

15. Codeo

Codeo Member

If you agree that he had a good second quarter, then why even bring up his +/-? He didn't have a good team game? I guess it's his fault that Bud and AB can't initiate any offense until there's 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

jordan hill is playing great and people still want to trade him. people say he wont improve and get better, yet, he plays better in almost everygame.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF are you smoking? Jordan Hill a bench journeyman AT BEST? :rolleyes: You're probably the only one on the entire board who thinks this way.

Unadjusted +/- is literally the most useless statistic in the game. If that's all you're using to judge Jordan Hill you give everyone who uses statistics a bad name. Also how can you blame someone for having a poor team game? That's like your company blaming just you for the company's poor net income after tax.

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I don't understand why people want to trade this guy either.

You can pretty much watch tape of his game-play from month to month and see how he has added onto his game or how hard he is working to reach the next level.

This last game he's continued to develop that fade-away we made a thread suggesting he do, he's hit hook shots, he even did a Scola type scoop move showing he is learning from his own teammates (Last game the man served ice cream for the first time), his individual and team defense is good and improving as well.

He still has work to do, but he will most likely get physically stronger as time passes, and hopefully will continue to get better and polish his offensive and defensive game. In 2-3 years, with continued development, he has a good chance of becoming the solid center of the future we're looking for (maybe less).

19. noppeper

noppeper Member

I completely agree with this. I think Hill will actually develop into a nice player, something like Nene is his ceiling (with worse passing, more shotblocking). Good player, but makes way too many mental mistakes to contribute to *championship* teams. If the Rockets are smart, this is the right time to cash in on his potential of being more than that, and get a legit center (perhaps M. gasol) to shore up the interior, or perhaps even a star (long shot). The fact that the majority of posters here see it as dumb to trade Hill at this junction, due to his incredibly high ceiling, proves that point to me.

Patterson, on the other hand, seems to have the mental makeup, along with physical skills, to fit right in with the Rockets culture. I see him as a Horace Grant type of player, which is a big contributor to teams with championship aspirations.

I have to say, just for simplicity to our management and for the sake of my beloved Rockets, it would be great if Hill proves me wrong.

Lets see what happens...

1 person likes this.
  20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I agree with the sentiment that Jordan won't be here long-term. He has shown great improvement, but he's not going to be the second coming of Amare, like many, including Knicks mgmt. suggested.

He's young, but he doesn't have that dominating potential. I think he can give you 10 and 10 on most nights along with some good defense, but I don't think he's part of the Rockets' future.

I'm glad that his playing time has increased and that he's contributing to the team, but if given the chance to improve through a trade, Jordan will be included in a deal.