1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan - THE MAN - Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

A guy who works his butt off in the gym and has the right attitude versus a choker who gets mad at team-mates for perceived mistakes and doesn't listen to his coach? Yes. Very comfortable indeed.

2. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

To heck with landry we got hill

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

i c wut u did thurrr

4. rjr

rjr Member

Hill is geting there his improvement is impresive at times.Still looks a little clumsy and lost on defense at times though.As far as his cieling I don't think we'll really have an idea what it will be until he plays with some consistency in his game.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

DD, love you man...but the jinx stuff is funny...and I think most people don't mean anything bad towards you when they say it :). It was also the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw the thread :grin:.

6. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Not trying to burst your enthusiasm but isn't this the guy with the worst +/- on the team yesterday at -10 and was at one time -18 before Brooks took over??? Are you trying to lead the all dumbo parade here???

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Hey, I'm with you, but when I talk about his value, I mean his value around the league. I think the league would place a good bit more value on Cousins.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that's the problem with +/-, you're effected by time spent with budinger on court.

2 people like this.
  9. Codeo

Codeo Member

Did you even watch the second quarter?

10. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Is that the quarter we scored a grand total of 19 points in as a team?? This guy still has a long way to go to be a decent rotational player in this league. Still way to many brain dead moments in his game.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we might not have even had 10 without him.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Actually I think it was worse than that. The main reason he was included in the trade is because the Knicks needed to unload his contract to get far enough below the cap line to allow them to go after that 2nd max FA. Jeffries alone wasn't enough. I think Hill fit the money they needed and their coach was ready to move on.

Bonus for us.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I was wrong about Hill. He didn't show me very much in the summer league games, and I was really disappointed with his offensive skills. However, he is really showing that he may develop into an offensive force. I think as he feels more comfortable on the court, his game could really blossom. I'm sure his emergence has made his value go up, and he is probably being viewed as a real asset around the league. This all works in the rockets favor.

The next few weeks could be important in determining the rockets future plans. Our schedule gets tough in the coming weeks, but if we perform well against good teams, Morey may not be so eager to trade away many of our young nucleus of players. We still have first round draft picks the next two years. Morey may decide to just be patient and try and find a true center through the draft instead of by trade. Except for Yao, this team is now healthy, lets see what they can do. And we still haven't seen what Williams and Patterson can do.

14. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Hill showed some flashes last year with some big offensive boards and throwdowns.

This year he is still inconsistent but the flashes are coming in big spurts. He has a sweet right hook shot, a few post moves, he is active on the boards and is constantly fighting for loose balls (hence the foul trouble, but he needs to make some mistakes before correcting them). He is still a bit turnover prone and needs more time on the floor to iron that out.

All in all, it's too early to tell what his ceiling is. He has all the physical tools to play both C and PF. He runs the floor extremely well for a big man. He is an underrated passer. The range on his jumper is not bad. His hands and defensive positioning need a lot of work.

Keep working hard big fellah!

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

LOL. Nice.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He wasn't with the Knicks all season, but I see what you're trying to say. :grin:

17. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I usually refrain from saying "I told you so!" But on JHill, I can't resist!!!! When we first fleeced him from the Knicks, I proclaimed on the BBS how this guy is going to be awesome!!!! And I'm sooo happy everyone is starting to see his potential come to light! (or flight! if you prefer! :grin: )

Anyways, the guy is simply a marvelous "physical specimen." I dare say he kind of reminds me of Oden less the health issues... esp. the way he rebounds and attacks all the time.

But to DD's comment about demeanor, yeah, I honestly think it's easy to mistake him as like super soft by his demeanor. I mean, the guy's got about as gentle a demeanor as Snuffleupagus! But then on the court, come "beast mode!" I love nothing more than a ragin' JHill Snuffleupagus v.1!

[​IMG]
    (I kid you not, this really is version 1.0 of Snuffleupagus!)

In fact, the only thing more terrifying imho is probably Snooky from South Park
    [​IMG]

:cool:

theSAGE

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just wish we would go to him a little more. He is a talented scorer.

His man defense in the post is already the second best on the team. He just needs to nail down that help, and help the helper, and he will be good to go.

19. TheGoldenGreek

You just like him because he is friends with...
    [​IMG]
    Budinger!!!!
    But seriously, I agree. The thought that we could have an athletic shot blocking and scoring center is exciting.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is one thread that I like, DD (if repetitious!). The guy has been busy making the Knicks management look like chumps. He's obviously very coachable, steadily getting better and earning more minutes, as he earns the trust of Adelman. Hill keeps uncorking moves we haven't seen too often on this team in recent years. Pretty exciting to watch, even if it's just a moment within the game, and he's been doing that for a while. You can see CD's influence there, as was pointed out. Sure, Hill seems overwhelmed on the court at times, but he is improving. Yeah, we've got a steal, as long as he keeps gaining confidence and keeps working on his game.