1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Returns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Almu, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Nothing new. He just announced it.

For the love of the game? Maybe. He is donating his whole yearly salary to the Relief Fund of the World Trade Center.

Bad news for Jordan haters. Good news for me since we run commercials for the NBA.

He wont be the same. He will get embarassed. But, it will be good for the league, I think. The NBA ratings have gone down by at least 20 percent even with the NBA using the wannabe Jordan clone in the last two finals.

Trades will come, I am sure. Unless he gets a couple of good players, the Wiz will suck.

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

He said they were a playoff team and a contender, Yeah right!!!

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wrong Forum, Almoooooooooooooooooo!!!! :D

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I could care less about MJ's return... but funny thing, the other night I had dreamed that he had an afro! Now that would make his return worthwhile...

So let me get this straight...

now that MJ is back all the teams that won championships since his return will now have asterisks? ;)

rH

5. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Who holds the record for retiring and coming back (boxers not included). Magic?

Jordan is becoming the sports version of those Friday the 13th Movies.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You're weird rockHEAD! :) Even though Mike with a 'fro would be sweet! Bring back some of that old school! I don't think Jordan is going to get embarrassed. Jordan is going to be a SF, so he won't play many of the faster guys outside of guys like Grant Hill. I think Jordan will be a very good player, not great, but very good!

7. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Over 1600 posts and you still dont know about the NBA Dish forum. Kagy will be offended.

8. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Hey, I'd love to see an Afro on a guy with serious male-pattern baldness.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm personally excited about it. How could an NBA fan not be? I don't think he will get "embarassed"...I don't think he'll be the best anymore either though. It just adds more excitement and anticipation to the games, IMO. I want to see what he's got left. Playing the 3, he can easily loaf on D (especially in a zone) and hit jumpers all day. If the game is close in the end, they'll still be a threat to beat anyone.

They are definitely a playoff team, and in the East, they probably are a contender as well. Although I can't think of anyone else on their roster at the moment.

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Damn. Wrong forum. Out of habit the last couple of weeks, I came here.

Anyways, I and Freak agree so this must be a good thing since the world is gonna end anyways. :)

I am excited especially after all that has happened. This will take the countries mind off for a few hours 82 times a year. I also don't think he will be embarassed. He is gonna light whoever guards him also.

Too bad they won't be in the playoffs.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Wow, like old times, I accidently wrote "looking at the Bulls roster", and had to catch myself!! :) Looking at the Wizards roster, they're going to be able to rebound. Brown, Laettner, and White (wish we had him) will be able to get to the glass, and I think that Alexander is going to be a very good player. This is a guy that led the nation in scoring with 28 ppg at Fresno State his last year and got them to the NCAAs. Hamilton is a nice player. I see the Wizards as a playoff team and they will be dangerous. They have a proven go to guy and veteran, so this will be interesting. Rodman will likely join the team, and I can see Barkley joining the team later possibly.

#11 RocksMillenium, Sep 25, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2001