1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan made 90 minute comeback!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Sep 18, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Check this out......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010917/ap-wizards-jordancomeback.html

Oops! Jordan makes briefest of comebacks on the Internet
    By CHRIS SHERIDAN
    AP Basketball Writer
    September 17, 2001

NEW YORK (AP) -- He's back! He's back!

Oops, well, he's almost back.

For 90 minutes Monday, Michael Jordan was listed as an active player for the Washington Wizards on the team's Web site. Apparently, someone pressed a button a little too soon.

``Just a clerical error,'' NBA spokesman Tim Frank said. ``Our Internet department was making preparations in case he comes back.''

Jordan had all but confirmed he would announce a comeback at a news conference as early as this week. Because of the terrorist attacks, he is now more likely to announce his decision in a more low-key manner, such as a faxed news release, in the next two weeks.

Wizards spokesman Matt Williams said he was inundated with phone calls after Jordan was included on the Web page, tucked alphabetically between Popeye Jones and Christian Laettner.

Jordan was listed as a 6-foot-6 guard, 198 pounds. The uniform, of course, was No. 23.

The Web site also included a brief biography, complete with his career statistics down to such trivial information as the fact that he wore his blue North Carolina shorts underneath his Bulls shorts when he played for Chicago.

Jordan's name was taken off the active roster late in the afternoon by the NBA, which controls the rosters on the Web site.

This would be the second comeback for the 38-year-old Jordan, who led the Bulls to six NBA championships. He retired in October 1993 to play minor league baseball and returned to the Bulls in March 1995. He retired again in January 1999.

At the NBA Store in Manhattan, employees said they were stocking several blank Wizards jerseys that will be embroidered with Jordan's name and number when the comeback is official.

For now, the only Wizards jerseys available at the store are Richard Hamilton's No. 32 and rookie Kwame Brown's No. 5.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

His comeback will only last until the Rockets play the Wizards. Francis will break MJ's ankles :D.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

He's back! He's back! He's back. . . AWWW!

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

LOL

Sounds like the Rockets front office trying to resign Hakeem... :D

LOL

5. RocksMillenium

Nah, sounds more like Glen Rice, Tracy McGrady, and Tim Duncan meeting with Chicago!

Duncan is coming Duncan is coming. . . AWWWW!!

Rice is signing, Rice is signing. . .AWWWW!!

McGrady is coming, McGrady is coming. . .AWWWW!!

Finley will sign, Finley will sign. . .AWWWW!!

Eddie Jones is signing, we got Eddie Jones. . .AWWWW!!

Brand is the man, Brand will carry us. . .AWWWW!!

Mercer is coming, Mercer is coming. . .Damn we got him?

Now who would you rather lose, a 38 year old aging center, or 4 in-their-prime franchise players, an all-star and big time scorer, and a co-rookie of the year? Sucks to be a Bulls fan doesn't it gettinbranded?

#5 RocksMillenium, Sep 21, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2001
  6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

My joke was a lot funnier...

Lighten up dude. If Cat had said it you'd be on the floor laughing...

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

My GB, you sure are telling a lot of people to lighten up on your attempts to down the rockets. Maybe people are just gettintired, of your trash you keep trying to dish out about the rockets on the rockets board. Cat didn't say it you fruit loop! A bulls troll did, hence the comeback posted. Oh well maybe some day you'll get it...but probably not.

8. RocksMillenium

Sorry gettinbranded, you're just getting old. You are increasingly becoming a pain. Listening to you take petty shots at the Rockets everytime you come on gets old. You were cool when you first came, and your shots at the Rockets weren't bad. But now you become increasingly liek a troll, and you're just wearing out your welcome. You want to joke about the Rockets losing Hakeem, I'll joke about the Bulls being a lottery team that can't get ANY free agent. You're the Clippers of the NBA. Maybe you oughta take a look at the fact that you've had to tell a half a dozen people to "lighten up". Then think about why you think it's funny the Rockets lost Hakeem, and I'll tell you how funny it is that Chicago lost out on Duncan, Rice, Finley, McGrady, and countless other people that would have made Chicago respectable, and stopped you from coming over here and acting like a troll.

9. Bill Walton

Bill Walton Member

I HAVE TO SAY BUDDY, THAT YOU ARE EITHER ONE BRAVE OR STUPID FAN TO ADMIT THAT YOU LIKE "DA BULLS". I HAVE NEVER BEEN A GENERAL MANAGER BEFORE BUT I CAN ASSURE THAT THE "BIG REDHEAD" WOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT UGLY FATA** KRAUSE! HELL, I WOULD BE THE GREATEST GENERAL MANAGER OF ALL TIME AS WELL AS THE GREATEST CENTER OF ALL TIME, ANNOUNCER OF ALL-TIME, AND BBS POSTER OF ALL-TIME! EVEN WITH MY AGE BEING AT A "MODEST" 49 AND HAVING BAD FEET AND KNEES, I COULD BEAT THE ENTIRE "DA BULLS" BY MYSELF! BETTER YET, I COULD DO THIS AND MAKE YOU LIKE IT!

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

:p

Just put me on ignore if you don't like my posts. Your endless banter isn't accomplishing much...

11. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

and keyboard too...

12. rock

rock Member

LOL!

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Hey, don't use my thread to trash gettincurried.....

On second thought, carry on.
    :)

I am on my way to the "Edit Ignore List" command to add gettinmyasshandedtomebytheWizards to the esteemed group of ignored posters.

Thank you, drive through.......