1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeem786, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Hakeem786

Hakeem786 Rookie

I wanted to get everyone thoughts on Jordan Hill. I saw him play in the playoffs and last night against the Mavrikas and really like his agressive play. I think he would have been a solid starting 4 for us - definately better than Patrick Patterson.

I do really like Terrence Jones...I hope he gets a chance to showcase his talents.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he's terrible.

The mental aspect of the game is missing.

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I think he's not a rocket anymore. That's what I think.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks, Tinman.

5. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Who cares he is a Laker now which means i am obligated to dislike him

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good for him-- and I mean that seriously, he seems like a good guy. But nothing to regret about. His expiring contract landed the Rockets that Mavs 1st round pick that became a part of the Harden deal. Will take it every time.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Glad he's found a role, and playing "ENGAGED" with LA. He was not playing that way with Houston. He always had flashes, but gave them no reason to think he was a stable long term solution, and a pilar for this franchise.

Important to note-They moved him for the Dallas pick, that ended up most likely keeping someone like Chandler Parsons OUT of the Harden deal. For that matter alone, Im glad they were able to move him and get that pick from LA.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's a really nice hustle player, and he's found his niche, like you said not a regrettable decision at all though.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He gives them a great bench option at 15 mpg. If he can do what he did last night on average, hard to complain. Though, like Dwight, try and hit a FT man.

Still, not hugely impressed. His 5 rebounds were nice, but 4 were offensive. Which is great, but not sustainable. And you see mental flashes where you just wonder what he's doing.

Clearly not a solid starter.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

one thing the Jordan Hill saga taught me was that bigs really do take a longer time to develop; and this kid was raw coming out of college. I do think he has a future at the center position, but it's of no concern to rockets fans anymore.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He got alot of hype every year when he was with us. "Oh hill been working hard this season. I'm very impressed with him.... "

One thing that I never saw was his weight change. You gotta hold the paint down. There's a reason KG was never a center. In LA, Hill is utilized more as a pf, he's not exposed as much.

Im seeing the same steps with d-mo. He's shooting a lot, he sprinting a lot......blah blah. No sand in the pants, no bang in the paint. That's why I compared him to Jordan hill. Not because theyre both black and have dreadlocks. Asik is doing good and is not because of his shooting. Get your weight up, Unless you have killer speed like a 6'10 Durant.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Please delete your damn sig.

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Thread bookmarked and subscribed.

15. MKL

MKL Member

Watched the game last night, Hill didn't make that much of difference in their defeat vs Mavs. And they had fat useless Curry, what does that say? Followed Hill from when he was drafted as Knick too.