1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am guessing, but yeah, I do think he is in the doghouse....and they are trying to motivate him.

Hill is our best shot blocker, and has the best athleticism of any of our bigs.....and to not play him in a game like last night where he would have finished at the rim with ease and clogged the paint with his length.

That is just bad coaching.

Hill could have done what Hayes did...and still be a presence on defense at the rim.

DD

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude they could not protect the paint again! There was 261 points scored the fact the Hayes scored 16 tells you how little defense was being played. BTW, did ya see David Lee's stat line? There's no such thing as a dominant 6'4 interior defender in the NBA, period. You guys moan about why stars don't wanna come play here, this is one reason why. Our 7'6 center can't stay on the floor, and to compensate the best we can do is to run a 6'4 guy out at center who wouldn't be in any other CONTENDER'S rotation. I love Morey but this is one time he needs to knock on Rick's door and ask for a reason why bigger & more athletic players aren't seeing the court. If it's some sort of problem run their a$$ out of town & get somebody, anybody who can defend the paint! :mad:

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Is this "motivating" issue evident? I haven't heard anything about Hill not being motivated. During preseason he seemed to play hard every chance he got.

4. DaDakota

Yeah, read some of Clutch's blog about it...they want him to play with his hair on fire...etc...

Of course, maybe they mean in practice....LOL.

DD

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Another thing, you cant' reasonably think that Morey will stand for Adelman not playing a critical asset over the course of the season..

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well, you said you're a coach. Let's assume Jordan is not "giving it his all" in practice..but does OK. Do you as a coach "teach him a lesson" or do you play him? Is this about sending a political message to the team?

I'm just wondering which way is more counterproductive?

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This does seem like a doghouse situation. If they had wanted him to play, he would have been out there last night. When the Rockets are on the second half of a back-to-back, they need an all hands on deck performance from the frontcourt. Last night the frontcourt seemed to just consist of Chuck, Brad Miller, and Scola.

8. DaDakota

So far, while I like the trades that Morey has made, I have not seen him be a particularly strong GM in regards to basketball.

Whereas sometimes a GM has to force a coach to play someone, I don't think DM is that kind of GM.

I think he will stay completely out of the basketball decisions, which can be a good or bad thing depending upon the situation.

DD

9. DaDakota

Some players are much better in the game than they are in practice, it is up to the coach to figure out what helps the team win the most.

If he is sitting a player that would help the team win, or give it a better chance of winning to make a point, then the problem is not the player, it is the coach.

DD

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok so then you agree Iverson, back when he made the "practice" comment, a coach should play him regardless correct? Because he gives it his all when it matters.

11. mokalus

mokalus Member

What part of what Hayes did yesterday are you talking about? Let's be real, he brought some energy to the team last year, but that's about it. That energy led to some offensive boards and putbacks, but that's about it. Chuck is a far superior defender and passer. And now, although we still can't believe it, Chuck has become a good finisher around the basket.

I mean, if you really want Hill in the game, then you'd be better off complaining about Jared Jeffrie's playing time, but even that is iffy.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed his not matching up very well use all the player til you find the right combonations to stop the other team.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I seriously question if you watch Rockets games

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Agreed. Hill's the only true shot blocker we have and GS was getting WAY to many layups. I honestly thought Hill couldve played against LA too. Whatever issue RA has with Hill needs to be resolved. Because at this point it's hurt the team

15. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Dont worry guys, ill call hakeem to come shot block and win us a few more championships...

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rick really needs to give Jordan a chance and Yesterday would have been perfect. Hill runs the floor with the best and Biedrins isn't a Big time offensive threat.

17. sefril

sefril Member

i'm curious.. what is Chuck Hayes exact height?
    on nba.com he's listed 6'6.. then some poster said 6'5.. and the other said 6'4..
    is he working on summer shrinking his height to be the smallest center in NBA history?

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

you guys act like you run practices and evaluate his performance like as if you know more than are coaching staff :rolleyes:

get real, he didn't play because he didn't impress Adelman in practice enough to earn playing time, I bet he is a knucklehead like Stromile Swift

19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well Hill sure didn't look like a "knucklehead" in the preseason games. He looked more than serviceable in the Rockets' pecking order.

If Adelman won't play him because he's not looking awesome in practice....well...Adelman's got issues and he is hurting his team as a result.

Very annoying.

20. AggieRocketsFan