1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As DM said they finished at the rim at a 77% clip......you know why?

Because Chuck wagon is EARTH wagon !

DD

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Why do people keep making these idiotic comments? You really don't think Hill's energy and rebounding would have helped yesterday? I get what your'e saying about the perimeter shots, but he still would have been a presence against the layup drills in spurts last night. Jordan Hill should be Scola's backup...period. Chuck is great on D, and should be used situationally.

Unbelievable how people just can't get it.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exacty. Same result as last year. This team is a true shotblocker away from being exceptionally good, the pieces are there, just need a slight tweek.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You have to play him. Without athleticism under the rim in the NBA you will go nowhere.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

does it strike you as really strange that Adelman hasn't played HILL AT ALL thus far? I thought he would be a shoe-in in the rotation before the season started...am I missing something?

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This man knows what he's talking about! Good Job!

7. jump shooter

Was thinking the same.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Exactly!

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Absolutely!

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

It's so "STRANGE" that it feels like a "doghouse" situation....yet I really don't think Hill is in the doghouse with Rick. It's just perplexing that Rick hasn't the least bit looked at Hill as an option even for a few minutes.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're right! :grin:

12. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Even if RA doesn't like Hill and see's no future for him...you still gotta play him. Give him a chance to prove you wrong and showcase him for trade a little bit.

Add that to keeping Miller out of the game, and you gotta wonder if the players are gonna start losing faith in thier coach. Fans are.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yeah, I agree. It sucks that the Rockets lost 2 in a row to start the season, but it's really frustrating that the coach is not utilizing his assets properly.

I personally felt Hill was a higher on the asset totem pole than Hayes and Jeffries. I don't know what Rick has been thinking the past 2 games. I hope Morey is keen on Adelman's idiocy and puts in a word to right the ship...

14. jump shooter

I think at some point Hill is going to get some clock, if Adelman is doing this to prove a point to Hill that he needs to bring his energy every night then I'm all for it. But at some point I see Hill playing.

15. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

If RA keeps playing Chuck at center, the rockets will be heading to the Lottery again.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jordan Hill is being benched because he's been frustrating Rick Adelman since he got here because he simply just cant operate on the high post like Brad Miller and Chuck Hayes. But I think thats Adelman's fault. No rookie big should ever be expected to play that way in their true first real season. Rick just needs to learn how to use him better.

Hill has something the Rockets need. Length, Athleticism, rebounding. When Yao is out, there is no question Jordan should be playing. Chuck is NOT a center. As good as he was on paper against the Warriors, he does NOTHING to protect the rim, and thats exactly what the Rockets need.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Is this just your personal speculation or is there a trend that was evident during preseason to warrant it?

I dont understand what "point" Adelman would have to prove to Jordan. Hill seems motivated and has played hard throughout the preseason....what more could a coach want?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the coach is making a point to a player and that point is costing the team victories, that coach is being an idiot.

DD

19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Hmmm..interesting you bring this up. Is this your opinion? Has Rick publicly stated that?

Hill might not be proficient in the "high-post"....but he's not a ball-stopper. He's still effective in his role in his own right within Adelman's system. I just dont understand why he hasn't played....really makes no sense at all.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well, do you think Rick is trying to prove a point to Hill? Why do you think Rick hasn't even looked at Hill as an option in the first 2 games?

Very puzzling...