1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jordan/Bulls Documentary] 'The Last Dance'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 16, 2020.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The last dance should have taken from the original espn toni kukoc video from back in those days.

The Toni kukoc hype and pre-draft media surrounding kukoc was just as hot as when LeBron hit the scene.

#401 smoothie_king, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but Horace also questioned what a documentary is....... a doc isn't supposed to be objective, some try making it that way but through someone's view it is always going to be subjective.

It's like a movie/TV show but with reality live footages instead of fictional action with things being edited out, it is normal.

He is just ranting there. I give him that, it was deeply personal for him versus Jordan.

Also Horace wasn't part of the real 'Last Dance' which should have been about the last Three peat and not the first one.
    He is lucky they included him in so much.

The documentary focusing mostly on the final 1998 year is well made.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...s-michael-jordan-lied-last-dance-calls-snitch

#402 daywalker02, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Toni Coo-Cotch...

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because the Bulls beat the **** out of the Jazz TWO times.

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Bulls was just winners, and the kukoc game 7 pacers win was a win for America and even the former Soviet Union.
    Basketball was common ground between imperialists and communists.

The bulls was east coast power house. Larry Bird best win was that game 6 win with Travis Best getting buckets down the stretch. Pacers was getting buckets at the free throw line and getting to the rim.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Pippen did two things wrong that were featured in the doc: he refused to play in 94 and he waited until the season to rehab an injury. He doubled down on both.

The doc didn't HAVE to feature what happened in 94, but it was a part of the story. The doc also showed that the team galvanized from that point on and that Pippen rebounded. It also pointed out that Pippen established himself as a top-three player in the NBA in Jordan's absence.

Jordan didn't have to say that rehabbing on company time was wrong, but it was selfish of Pippen to do that. I believe Pippen said that he would do it again. It also showed that Pippen was massively underpaid and did not show that Jordan was also massively underpaid.

I also remember Jordan saying that you can't tell the story of Michael Jordan without Scottie Pippen. And the last image of Pippen we saw was of a broken Pippen that played through tremendous pain.

In conclusion, I don't know. Jordan did not intend to make his partner look bad, I think he wanted him to look better, but Pippen's image looks to have taken a hit. He must feel betrayed.

Patience likes this.
  8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I agree! The documentary was pretty impartial when it came to Pippen. In my opinion, Pippen only has himself to blame. He looks bad because of the things he did, not because of any spin in the documentary.

Sidenote, Horace Grant just keeps b****ing and he looks even more like a snitch now.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Mattress Mack should finance an epilogue for Scottie. If he thinks the "Last Dance" made him look bad, wait until a documentary covers his three games in Sweden.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And lebron did not?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...lps-lebron-james-in-title-run-0922-story.html

12. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Reggie miller had a little sliver of Hope in game 7 in 1998. Toni kukoc did everything including rebound, drives to bucket, and spot up jumpers.

buffalobills!!! and JumpMan like this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What’s Pippen mad about it? There are a couple bad moments that he completely brought on himself that were too well documented to leave out. But otherwise he’s portrayed very highly.

He left the Rockets a b**** and appears to have kept that attitude going.

It was an entertaining series. I grew up with Michael Jordan and probably became a Rockets fan because of him. I’m sure they left a lot of detail out but if you walk away from this with the understanding that MJ is a great basketball player and also a pure *******, you’ve probably nailed it.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, nice to hear that Jordan drove you to the Rockets. :D

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. JW86

JW86 Member

How about this nice list of top game winning buzzer beaters:

1. Michael Jordan (9) - last one with Wizards, had 8 w/ Bulls
    2. Kobe Bryant (8) - of course he had to get 8 total
    3. Lebron James (7) - tied with Joe Johnson

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Haha. Well in the sense that I didn’t really watch basketball as a kid until the 92 finals. I knew who Jordan was and had no idea who Drexler was but the announcers kept talking about how he was just as good so I stuck with it. Of course there’s no way I was going to be a Bulls fan so started watching the Rockets all the time. Perfect timing.

daywalker02 likes this.