1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonny Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOtyme, Mar 1, 2012.

1. dd89

dd89 Member

What gives? What the heck do you think? Do you think he's good and that's why they aren't playing him, huh?? HE SUCKS A** and should be dumped along with all the other useless 09'ers.

2. Red&BlackPudman

I never said I wanted him to play over anyone. I just said that he doesn't suck and I'd like to see Dragon shipped with Scola (add in TWill or Thabeet too) for a good SF or PF. Until then, Jonny should ride the pine until the game is 'over.'

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Jonny Flynn had starters minutes thrust upon him, he too would excel. It just won't be here unfortunately.

4. SHOtyme

SHOtyme New Member

Thanx a MILLION for all the responses (good or bad). But basically some just say his not as good a player as the rest of the team in his position. I can understand that. And they may want to keep him, to move Dragic casue of free agency, I can understand that too. But when your losing by 20+, why not put your bench players in. No matter how bad they play (compared to others). Countless NBA teams do this. Im sure even the Rockets do it, BUUT JUST NOT with FLYNN :mad:
    How do expect a guy to get better unless you play him. Practice, is just that. He needs REAL game time.

And for the people who dont like him, why dont you push to trade him.
    Talk about it some more. Dont wait for some to post something about Flynn, than head over here to to flame him.
    Im glad to see hes on a team that may make the playoffs though :cool:

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Kurt Rambis killed his career. That has always been the consensus among Wolves fans, I actually saw some promising things from Flynn his rookie season (believe it or not) but Rambis had to go ahead and ruin his development. I think Morey was thinking something similar when he traded for him but Flynn hasn't been able to recover and its likely that he never will. Shame.

6. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

flynn DID get some minutes here earlier in the season but sucked in them. all he did was dribble for 20 seconds, drive it to the basket, and then passed it out to a jump shooter who has no choice but to shoot it. he did this all the time which is why his assists numbers were high in those games where he was given a lot of minutes. in actuality, he looked like he didnt know what he was doing.

honestly his passing reminds me of francis which isnt a good thing lol

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Flynn is pretty much Aaron Brooks that only dribbles.

8. MONON

MONON Member

The Rockets are primarely keeping Flynn in case Dragon is involved in a trade or is in a trade himself, such as Dragon or Flynn + for Gasol for instance.

9. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

I have...and seen all I needed to see in preseason there is a reason he is not playing, need I remind this guy basically came along for the ride with Mchale from Minny and if Mchale doesn't want to play him the there is a reason. The dragon and klow7 are good and compared to them he must suck or mr #6 overall would be playing....but he is still very young he might have his uses like a expiring contract.

10. dd89

dd89 Member

if some idiot came into your office and started to talk like he was worth anything what would you do? you would drown him in a toilet, but because it's against the law you can only use words and tell him he is absolutely and utterly useless so he should sit his a** down and observe.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Flynn never put up good numbers anywhere. Not in Minny, and certainly not here.

He's like Aaron Brooks without the shot and athleticism, and contributed nothing positive on the court. He doesn't play D, he doesn't drive to the hoop, all he does is dribble the ball for 23 seconds then pass it. Sometimes his teammates will make the desperation jumper, and that's how he gets the assist. I literally haven't seen a worse player on the court, and that's including Eddy Curry, Michael Sweetney and Thabeet. He makes Iverson/Francis/Starbury seem like Kidd/Nash/Rubio in terms of bball IQ.

Saying if he only he had PT Flynn would be good is total BS, he got all the PT he could handle and more in Minny, how did he do? Didn't Hollinger call him like the worst defensive pg in the league at one time?

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Flynn-sanity

It just doesn't have the same ring or appeal. Hence, bench. :p

13. SHOtyme

SHOtyme New Member

why wont a coach put in a bench player, when the game is already out of hand? most everyone here says hes bad, I belive the only way to get better is to play. Someone said thats BS, perhaps they can tell me how someones supposed to get better.
    Not just Flynn either, cause I belive comments will be, "He sucks so bad, practie wont help him improve"

Tell me how is someone supposed to get better "without" play time and in a game where its already over, isnt that the BEST time to get game experice (with out costing your team a win)????

I keep hearing he sucks, he sucks. with out ginving any info to back it up. those remarks are useless wiht out somethign to back it up.

dd89 im sure Flynn could break your ankles even on a bad day, so what does that say about you :p

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Johnny, is this you?

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hows about Flynn-tastic!!

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I hit the gates and I hops on my Flynn...and I tell the homies aight then.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

surely this is a wind up?

Flynn has fans?

18. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Of course. His name rhymes with Lin. We MUST keep him. If we trade him, he will be a superstar for another team. Just his presence will help us flynn a championship.

Trust me, you need someone whose name rhymes with lin.

[​IMG]

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Flynn reminds me of a Rondo type player.

20. hahachui

hahachui Member

I want to see him play
    he is not that bad