1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonny Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Jun 24, 2011.

1. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

So what exactly do you mean? Is this a subliminal way of saying "hows my dirk taste?"

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Minnesota is a crap place to be. Flynn was never 100% healthy. They threw this guy under a bus because they had Rubio coming in. Flynn is going to shine mark my word. Their offense the triangle played down to his weaknesses. The Princeton up-tempo plays to his strengths. I said it once i'll say it again Flynn at some point will be an x-factor.

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I would also like to note it was a softmore slump for him imo, just like Budinger and most other NBA players who go through slumps before turning it up another level.

4. Htown's2kFinest

From the looks of it, his rookie season seemed solid.

28 minutes per game

13.5ppg
    4.4apg
    2.4rpg
    1.0spg

I know injuries hampered him too in last season. Looks like they threw him out to early.

5. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

It was bound to happen. Their management (Kahn) took 2 pg and then signed like 2 more all in the span of a couple of months. Morey like many other gm's have expected something like this would happen.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Aaron Brooks?

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Deja-vu imo kind of reminds me when we got Lowry everybody was just happy to have removed Alston i think. Same case here as everybody was happy to have just removed Miller.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

No. Flynn was even worse.

9. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Its either being happy that Miller is gone or angry that flynn came over here.

I'm happy that miller is gone

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

Give the man a chance.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like Flynn better than the players we drafted, we basically stole a lottery pick with a history of an-all around game in college. He shoots around 80% FT career, he also can pad assists and steals stat. TWolves basically dumped him for nothing, this should help Flynn for motivation. For the Rockets, if he stays is finding time to play. From all the press conference questions, it seems like he is sticking around, but I find troubling that he didn't have a Rockets number. Didn't Morey try to trade for him during the trading deadline, I believe Morey is infatuated with him just like Lowry.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like flynn more than most. He's an explosive guy and is strong. They traded him because I doubt rubio could beat him out. This team needs all the talent they can get and guys with upside.

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I will be honest, I think Flynn is the most exciting addition of this draft. At least for me... He had a very solid rookie season. Then he got hurt and had surgery after his rookie season. He missed a lot of time to begin his sophomore campaign. He lost his spot due to injury and a very efficient but unspectacular Luke Ridnour's play (46% FG and 42% 3pt FG).

So you add injury, sophomore slump, fans turning on you, trying too hard to get back on track....

Flynn averaged 13.5 points and 4.4 assists per game his rookie season. Once he figures it out, he is going to be an 8 assists per game guy.

Plus I think this was a Kevin McHale approved move. So McHale likes him, and Morey after running his figures on stats seems to value him too...

Again, this move to me seems the most intriguing to pay dividend quickest...

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He had one bad year and I understand because of the Twolves system and his injuries. But this kid has some potential for sure. He has a chance to be a really good PG in this league. There is a reason why he's one of the top picks. I much rather have him back up Lowry instead of Goran because he is a good player. Hopefully he can get back on track, stay healthy and show everyone why he's one of the top PG to be drafted back in 09.

15. Yoda

Yoda Member

he's always rated high on nba 2k with good potential so it will only help us in simulation

16. Yoda

Yoda Member

Why? B/c he's black and athletic? Joe... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Goran or suffer Aaron Brooks fate you will.

17. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Those stats were done, on a very very bad team...

18. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

What good is 13.5ppg, 4.4apg if you're team doesn't even 25% of their games, actually significant less.

Flynn is alright. I hope we cash out on him in another trade this summer.

19. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

doesnt even win*

20. liveguy

liveguy Member

And there it is....

Rubio coming over...no need for Flynn....dude was oft injured and unmotivated....

That's the only reason they let him go for peanuts.

Would YOU wanna the T-wolves?

Basketball Siberia.