1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonny Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rockets third point guard last year was Ish Smith, undrafted free agent who actually looked good in limited time.

Very comfortable having Jonny Flynn in that same spot.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Still can't believe we gave up Ish. Didn't Adelman want a true point guard running the offense? :mad:

Oh well. Flynn is NOT bad. I don't understand where all the hate is coming from. He certainly doesn't suck it up like Brad Miller.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eh6ihLRKJL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this helps his case with me a lot

4. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Yes, sir! I agree. Jonny is ready to explode!

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

He looked so excited about coming to Houston. Hope the best for Flynn

6. Dei

Dei Member

That was before Dragic came in. Dragic is a really solid backup and addresses some match-ups needing a bigger PG.

Flynn averaged 26.7 points, 6.0 assists, 3.5 steals and 3.3 rebounds in his senior year.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With the Rockets looking to continue with a run and gun offense, maybe Flynn will become a steal of sorts, but if we're to believe the reports, they're already shopping him, so who knows? I'm still curious to see how he could do in an up-tempo/fast breaking offense.

8. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I'm actually looking forward to seeing him on the court at the same time with Lowry the way Adelman used Brooks and Lowry. I can see them causing a lot of havoc against opposing defenses with the mismatches, IF McHale decides to go small ball. I think that's going to be fun to watch.

9. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

I really like this kid as a person and as a basketball player. hope he sticks and makes lowry expendable

10. Htown's2kFinest

I remember seeing him do this at the summer league.

<iframe width="400" height="257" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GnqnxbBGVTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easily the best athlete at the PG spot on the team. You can give him that for sure.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

guess u need to change your name to 'flynn4three' if that happens then

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

He didn't suck up like Brad because he hasn't played on your favorite team yet, once he shows up in red, my gut feeling tells me you will hate him as you hate Brad. Just wait to see the disappointment.

13. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

I know this won't help us win the championship but the thing is he looks like a really nice guy and he seems like he knows he has a lot to prove and I hope he can help us a lot, and if he gets traded away for something in return I wish him the best and hope he has some success, seems like a guy who will not cause a problem in the locker room.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Commence "In like Flynn" memes...

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Jonny Flynn definitely has the talent to beat out Dragic for the back up spot. Just need's to be hungry enough to take it, and from watching his interviews he seems like he might be.

Training camp should be exciting though, everyone will need to prove to the new coaching staff that they deserve a spot in the rotation.

PG: Lowry vs. Dragic vs. Flynn

SG: Martin vs. Lee vs. Williams

SF: Budinger vs. Morris vs. Parsons

PF: Scola vs. Patterson vs. Hill

C: Chuck vs. Thabeet vs. Motiejunas

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

This guy can be our backup PG behind Lowry.

Move Dragic to the 2 spot and make him the backup SG.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

He looks a lot like Francis. Hopefully, he can utilize more than just his athleticism and succeed where Francis failed.

18. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

You guys been to the Min boards? They are glad they dumped Flynn for Miller, he was that bad.

"If you watched Flynn play, you'd know this was a good move. The guy is horrible, he was worse then Telfair. He can't shoot well, horrible on D, tries to score before passing, undersized, can't finish...but he has a nice smile and is athletic!"

"Dumping Flynn is a win at all cost. We essentially traded him for Miller, cash, the future 2nds, and Malcolm Lee. Then we essentially traded #20 for the 2013 1st from Memphis. solid, we don't need a bunch of young guys with Rubio and Williams already going to be playing big minutes from this draft"

"If you want to skewer Kahn for drafting him in the first place, go right ahead. But at this point, Flynn is arguably the worst PG in the NBA. He has zero positive value. Getting money and future picks for him is about as good as anyone could do."

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Low risk high reward move.

We practically gave up nothing of important value for him.

This guy is a high lottery pick after all, there IS potential in him. His rookie campaign was not bad at all.

Unless his injury truly is career damaging, I don't see why he can't get back to his old self and even improve when given the chance.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wolves fans loved the guy his rookie year...