1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jon Barry is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, May 15, 2015.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

espn replay started and it sounds like he's literally jacking off while watching the game lol what did houston do to him

2. bolswat

bolswat New Member

jon and brent both suck as announcers. I guess that is a requirement of espn to hire lame ass garbage color guys with zero personality and abrasive. The fact the NBA lets espn abc put together such worthless color guys is unreal. The nba has a lot of say and if the nba really wants its way they could make it happen. All I can say is say is flood the nba with letters and calls to let your voice be heard.

212-407-8000

also flood espn with calls and emails

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Well Of course, everyone and their momma thought the Rockets were going to lose this series handily.

And when i Say "lose" I mean absolutely standing no chance against the Clippers. Like the rockets had no shot to win and it would be laughable to think otherwise

4. Flop

Flop Member

Nah man, sura was a legend and he fought for the rockets. It is chumps like the barry brothers and barkley who cashed out their last season here and choked when it mattered. As for kenny, he used to be a houston fan but now he is all about trying to get more fame and followers so he says he claims NY where he was born and ranks on the rockets any chance he can get. The way he sees it, there are more fans outside of houston than in houston.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Lost all respect for Barry. I see why posters here hated him so much. I felt like I was watching a Clippers broadcast.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://instagram.com/p/2sNJrcI0qL/

I don't think Kenny hates the Rockets. I think he just tries to be honest and seem impartial and as a result to Rocket fans he seems like he's against us because we had great memories with him and don't see that reciprocated.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

When they cued in on him after the game was over he looked really disheveled

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

To be fair to J.A., he is an LA native who covers the Clippers and Lakers for his job. He isn't exactly unbiased and even when he does sideline work, he shouldn't be expected to be. It would be tough for most in his position to stay unbiased.

Jon Barry has no excuse. No one has answered yet but did the Rockets, Les, etc do Jon Barry wrong in some way?

You sir, have obviously not watched and listened to a lot of games in which Brent Barry is doing color commentary. He is TONS better than Jon and is one of the most underrated imo.

Jon is just a dip$hit like his dad Rick.
    Leave Brent out of this.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Jon Barry couldn't hide his glee when the clippers b**** slapped us in the third. Then the fourth quarter happened and all he could do was sigh or laugh incredulously. Man, I really hated hearing that b*stard on the mic. Even Reggie is better than this clown.

10. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

ROFL +repped

11. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

idk about his dad but Brent is cool and also doesn't bash us atleast im pretty sure from when i see him on nba tv. honestly after tonight john barry needs to be fired straight up. brent is much more pleasant to listen to. hes like a c webb says good stuff and is respectful

12. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

hubie is just old a little annoying, and talks to himself alot. he'll say , "rockets are pick up the tempo, but then if your the clippers your gonna say well why dont we play harder defense" or something like that its kinda amusing. John barry made hubie's commentating feel like a breath of fresh air tonight

13. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

I de-repped DD for that. I lost respect for him if hes not kidding

14. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

I <3 Brent Barry. ok, im gonna stop flood posting the forum now. way too many posts from me

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot believe an Ex Rocket would root against his former team

16. Flop

Flop Member

Best Of ESPN:

JVG
    Breen
    Tirico
    Mark Jackson is not terrible

BEST OF TNT:
    Marv (get well)
    Webber
    Harlan is ok

We get stuck with the two worst ones on espn in barry and hubie even though they have several other guys who i have not mentioned. Then there's reggie....ugh

17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Jon was smug in the 1st, then silent which made it awesome actually. Hubie would've talked all over our run, with stats and **** so I didn't mind it when we made our run. He gave us credit there and he just whines, both ways, and focuses on the defensive mistake instead of the great play by the offense.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

do you remember that regular season game where we had jvg and jackson for the clippers? between jvg's pro houston and jackson's hate of the clippers it was hilarious

19. Flop

Flop Member

The best part was when he said brewer might have traveled (he didnt).

LoooooooL. What about paul and griffin not only tonight, but all series long.

Cant sleep, but i will stop posting.

20. Rumps

Rumps Member

A bit too homer-ish? Umm...no. We have one of the worst broadcast teams in the league when it comes to biased commentary. Worrell has a good balance in his excitement and play-by-play and Bullard's Xs and Os analysis is ok, but they point out bad calls or non-calls more than anything else. And don't even get me started on Clyde.

I'm a native Houston (37 years) and I put my allegiance to the Texans, Rockets, and Astros up against anyone else in this great city, but I've hated listening to the Rockets TV broadcast for longer than I can remember. At least Calvin was tolerable. But Bull and Clyde are the worst homers to listen to during a game.

Foley and Peterson were the best for the Rockets. Although, they had their Rockets colored glasses on at times. They were still a great combo to listen to on the radio.

Nothing will ever top Bill Brown and Jim DeShaies in the Astros booth. Vandermeer and Ware are really good, but not better than Brown and DeShaies were.