1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jon Barry is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, May 15, 2015.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Watched the game with mute button on and it was great. Watching the highlights and listening to Jon Barry I am glad I had the mute button on last night. I did like hearing Jon Barry with the nervous little laugh during the Rockets run.:grin:

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All fans deserve better for a National Broadcast.

3. SeabrookMiglla

Commentators were definitely not happy the rockets won. The post game panel was just, really quiet... It was so sweetttttt

4. UHcat

UHcat Member

5. J Hard

J Hard Member

He's an attention w****. I noticed he likes to derail threads by seeing how many replies he can get or something.

Been doing it year in and year out, gotta admit that I like his consistency.

6. Ismail

Ismail Member

I remember him rolling on the ground after McGrady stole Shawn Bradley's soul. That was such a great celebration, I wonder where his hatred for the Rockets came from.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

wow, what a loser. I CERTAINLY wasn't jerking off while watching the game last night. Only real weirdos would do something like that.

8. omair

omair Contributing Member

I had to put them on mute last night. It was the best thing I did, the Rockets started making their run at that exact moment.
    I was tempted to put the volume back up towards the end to hear what he would have to say, but they were doing too good, had to keep up what works ;)

9. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Did anyone catch it when Jon Barry said of CP3 after making a lay-up "He gives his owner a high-five"

eeesh in bad taste JB.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

This was a pretty amusing read. I had it muted from mid-third quarter to mid-fourth so I missed a lot of these. Missing that chunk, I didnt get an impression of major bias, just the normal Barry routine of not actually seeming to like basketball much.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I've grown to appreciate Chris Webber, Brian Anderson, Steve Smith. I didn't care for Tirico, but you could tell Tirico was like 'WTF?' at times when Barry was talking.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Jon Barry has always hated on us. I have absolutely no frigging idea why. Is it my imagination or does every single ex Rocket thats on a national broadcast feel the need to denigrate us somehow? Is it a Morey thing? Les thing? Seriously, we get no love at all.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Everyone wrote us off. EVERYONE.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I think some of it is from his hatred of JVG.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He has said JVG is the best coach he ever played for.

17. Rumps

Rumps Member

Yeah, I finally was able to see replay just now.

Barry did give the Rockets credit in a couple of instances, but I did find it very odd when he said "Wow" when Ariza hit a 3 to cut it to 9 early in the 4th. That was very odd. Ariza isn't a bad 3 point shooter. He's streaky, but it wasn't a bad shot.

Then, I heard him say 'wow' a couple more times on Josh Smith's 3 and he chuckled once during another play. He also thought Brewer charged on Griffin on that 3 point play. It was bad.

Tirico had to pull some analysis out of Barry or it would've been a one man show. I thought Tirico did an excellent job in the 4th. To JB's credit he gave credit to Rockets rotating and tightening up defensively and he mentioned Brewer's success in 4th quarter play. He also mentioned how Smith wasn't afraid to take a big shot. It was bad but it wasn't horrible.

JB is actually a really good analyst when in studio. I remember when the Heat signed the big 3 and everyone was salivating on how great they were going to be and JB was the only one at ESPN who said they were going to struggle early. He was dead on. He's actually got a good basketball IQ, but his homerism and bias shows when he's doing color.

18. ibm

ibm Member

there is terrible.

and there is riggie miller terrible.

and then there is jon barry terrible.

when can abc/espn give us jvg on a rockets game? say this sunday. :)

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

As the Rockets were making their comeback in the 3rd Barry began complaining about invisible fouls on each possession (travels, carries, etc.). There were a few times IIRC that he began to groan and you knew he was about to complain about the officiating.

I have to give props to Tirico for interrupting him and getting genuinely excited about our performance.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There was a moment sometime during the game when Barry was exclaiming about a play and, when referring to the Clippers, said, "We... " What a sorry display. I'll look for it the next time I watch the game before Sunday (again!).