1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny 'Errol' Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 11, 2012.

?

What does the future hold for Johnny 'Errol' Flynn

1. All-Star

20 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. Jeremy Lin

14 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Top 10 pg

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Top 20 pg

12 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Bust

74 vote(s)
    30.5%
  6. Overseas leagues

61 vote(s)
    25.1%
  7. Would you like fries with that sir?

61 vote(s)
    25.1%
  1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

SIGH, can't believe we traded ish the dish................

would be a decent backup for rockets right now.

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Yes, he was great in college but that's the problem. He blew a life time of luck in that Syracuse/UConn 6x overtime game. He's finished.

3. koopa

koopa Member

his ceiling is about what his height is 5'7

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In all honesty, he is an all-round nice guy & played very well at Syracuse. I hope that he proves me very, very wrong and re-discovers his game soon.

It is possible that all this bench time has destroyed his inner confidence, ala T-Will, and that is the contributing factor in his inability to get his game on.

He looks so nervous out there, he couldn't even call plays.

Good luck mate.

5. koopa

koopa Member

Fact is he's relied so much on athleticism and his knee injury ended his athletic talent and he's become a noob.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I think he's probably very nervous out there. He's probably more suited on a team where he can more and maybe have more leeway to do what he wants. I wouldn't judge him too harshly yet but I have to say the games where I've seen him play, he looks like he plays like he's a kid playing in the NBA. He really needs to make better decisions and not over dribble the ball. Learning to move the ball easily help him contribute more effectively..

7. taz.aziz

taz.aziz New Member

He can be our Moochie Norris if one of the pg gets traded!

8. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

I'm happy to say none of us here has reached the NBA and has no right in calling anyone in the NBA "TERRIBLE". They all have the potential to blossom sooner or later. Did Jeremy Lin become Linsanity in Golden State? Did he play 2 games and became what he is now? No, it took him time to develop a shot and learn the game basically. Look at him now still with room to improve. So its safe to say Jonny Flynn is not "TERRIBLE". Just wanted to clear that up.
    Thanks.

9. grunky

grunky Member

I'll go out on a limb and call Flynn a "TERRIBLE" nba pg... Not much going for him basketball wise..

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should explore the nice option overseas...... I recommend.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I hear Yao Ming has a team. He doesn't play defense, at his height I'd understand, but there is no effort to try. And smiles at the bench when the Rockets are blown out towards the end of the Cavs game. J.Lin would be our starting PG now, go retire Mr. David Stern.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

At this point Flynn is the worst PG in the NBA (and perhaps there are better guards in the WNBA, NCAA, and AAU). There is no aspect of his game that I like, and it literally hurts to watch him play (especially when on the court with Hill). I am not a TWill fan, but I would rather experiment with him At PG than to see Flynn out there.