1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Kerry's Former Commanding Officer Retracts Criticism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketMan Tex, Aug 6, 2004.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even without the apparent misquote he's a flip flopper. During the war he gave Kerry glowing reviews, praising his actions, leadership and valor. In 1996 he was speaking on behalf of Kerry. Now all of a sudden he's singing a different story.

Not one person from that ad served on the boats with Kerry. The people who did serve on Kerry's boats all praise him. Some of the people in the very ad, praised Kerry's service during the war. It was only after Kerry spoke out against the war after coming back that the bitterness starts to come out. These people dont' have one credible witness, or any evidence to back up their claims.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

HAVE-IT-2-WAYS ALERT....

I hear the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-bulances coming now!

And the footsteps of the attorneys cahsing them...

4. gwayneco

That is factually incorrect.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Too bad the coward in the White House doesn't have any commanding officers who served with him in Vietnam to flip-flop about his service.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Franks Says Kerry Qualified for President

By WILLIAM C. MANN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Retired Gen. Tommy Franks, producer of the early military successes in Afghanistan (news - web sites) and Iraq (news - web sites), said Sunday that criticism of John Kerry (news - web sites)'s war record is political hyperbole and Kerry is "absolutely" qualified to be commander in chief.

A year into retirement, Franks also said he has not decided whether to endorse President Bush (news - web sites) for re-election. "I don't know yet. I'm leaning in that direction," he said on ABC's "This Week."

Franks, whose hometown is Midland, Texas — where the president and first lady Laura Bush grew up — has been making television appearances in recent days to publicize his just-published memoirs, "American Soldier."

"Do you think Senator Kerry is qualified to be commander in chief?" Franks was asked.

"Absolutely!" he said.

But like the criticism of Kerry, the retired general said the Democratic nominee's recent harsh words about the war plan Franks created in Afghanistan was motivated by politics and his failure to capture al-Qaida network leader Osama bin Laden (news - web sites).

"I think a presidential election year is a marvelous thing. I think Senator Kerry is a patriot. And I think what ... what we're doing is, we're seeing an attempt to sort of draw the lines between the two parties in this country. And I wouldn't have it any other way," Franks said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=5&u=/ap/20040808/ap_on_el_pr/franks_campaign

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

ok All minus 1.

8. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

You can't possibly be this facile.

9. gwayneco

Looks like the Kerry slimeistas are starting their counterattack:

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Character assassination begets character assassination.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, I think it's good that Democrats don't take lies, inaccurate attacks, and dirty politics lying down this year. It's about time that they got a backbone and fought back. Though, I wouldn't call them slimeistas for merely responding to a smear an inaccurate smear campaign.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I think Corsi is the one who did a character hit on Corsi.

Regarding the "Brown Books," I'll withold full judgement until more facts are in, but that piece of info, like this whole article seems to be a case of Republican transference.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yall neo-demos should feel ashamed!...

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Ashamed of what? The neo-demos or anyone other than the Swift boat vets haven't done anything shameful.

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I feel ashamed because I don't use the word "yall."

;)