1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Crawford

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yodels, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

why is his head so shiny?
    you cant polish a turd!

this is the same pompous ass that T'ed up folks on the bench and got suspended.

Tonight....
    the charge on Scola w Roy camping in the semi circle :confused: so bad it got reversed :rolleyes:
    Brooks fouling Blakes ass with his face while diving for the loose ball:confused:
    Mutumbos possible 'career ending?' foul (God forbid):confused:

this guy is a fat sack of crap
    it looks like he needs to be fined and suspended again.

I felt like I was watching Pro Wrestling at times.

2. StevieCrossover

I have one for ya.. CHEAP...... Weakling I'm tired of the ugly calls towards the end. They alwayd do this crap.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, and the officiating crews rotate playoff games so i'm glad we got him out of the way on a game that everyone expected Portland to give their best shot.

4. ibm

ibm Member

the officiating was unnecessarily extremely tight. it's so inconsistent compared to game 1. now the players must be wondering what to expect next time.

the nba, where sucky refs make a living happens.

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

non-players want to know as well.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Ban Joey Crawford from calling Playoff Games

Let's start this petition to ban Crawford from calling any Playoff games. This is not just because of this one game, it's because of many different things Crawford did.
    Giving technical fouls for laughing?
    Calling random crap?
    I just have to talk about this game.

1) Brooks dived for the ball against Blake, and Blake bumped him with his rear-end. Referee Crawford stood right in front of both of them, than decided to call a foul on Brooks, which was bumped by Blake's dirty behind to the floor.
    2) Artest shot the ball, than Yao battled for the board against Pryzbilla. Pryzbilla threw his hand up, acted like he just got nuked, fell on the ground, and Referee Crawford called a lose ball foul on Yao, his fourth.
    3) Brooks shot all those 3's, got the game down by 2. Blazers inbound play, Rudy Fernandez falls down, *supposedly a turnover which could lead to anything to happen*, Crawford calls a foul on Lowry, which he clearly did not touch him.

I don't know where i can send this to, who i can send this to, what this is going to do, but i am seriously going to find a way to do it. Feel free to post if you want this to go or not. Please, feel free to bash me if you disagree.

Thank you.

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

Eh, no need to bash. I just disagree. There were bad calls, but I expected that.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

...come on. Don't blame the Refs.

Rockets will win both at home.

Just wish Yao was able to be useful during the fronting. That is, more than just a decoy. :(

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Dont forget Shane's clean block on Roy and when Shane battier just put his hand on b roys and he fell down and they called a horrendous called on Shane twice back to back.

10. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

The one where no one called Oden pushing Yao really got me...

11. justafriend

justafriend Member

Joey Crawford should have been banned forever when he called a tech on Duncan for laughing, perhaps the worst call ever made. It's clear he's one of those douchey refs that think the stadium is packed full to see him blow his whistle.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Joey being Joey.

He must know something. Because with that ego and temper he should not be a Referee in any league.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know, organize it and send it to everyother fanbase.

But everyone knows petition don't work. I agree though, this guy has consistently been horrible. And Clyde was right about his ego, he gives a ton tech's and the last playoff game he did he gave about three of them. He can't go a game without T'ing someone up and he thinks he never makes a bad call, and he doesn't even let players argue their point.

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yes. Yes it is.

Joey Crawford is one of the best officials in this league. He's not perfect, he's human, he makes mistakes. But he's better than most, and certainly fairer than most.

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a charge/block call get reversed like on that Scola play. And it was so obvious. At least they got that one right.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

No i am not blaming the ref(s)

I am blaming the one and only

REF Joey Craw****

This is not only this game, like i said, i never liked this guy, along with Mr Brothers. Im not a fan of Duncan, but what he did was absolutely uncalled for against Timmy and he cannot call fouls, he doesn't know what the hell he does half the time.

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

No Clyde, no Clyde, no Clyde. This game was like the final straw. I can't stand that guy, other games, not Rockets games, he pisses me off too. He screws teams up, he calls flops charges, lose ball fouls, etc.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I was surfing a Blazer's board before the game and someone said Joey was the ref tonight...the response was "Oh boy..."

That is the rep he and Violet Palmer carry around the NBA. Yeah he is a good ref...compared to her.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yes, yes, yes.

Crawford and Javie should be officiating every playoff game possible. Bavetta is the crook who should get canned.

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Lol, you are just as blind as Joey. :rolleyes: