1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Crawford

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yodels, Apr 21, 2009.

1. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

he's been fairly unfair to the both sides. i guess it is his way of being fair.

2. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Let's be frank. How is Portland's best player being officiated? Dude, I dare you to watch a recording of the whole game and just look at Roy...

Anyways, I'm over this. It is on to Game 3.

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The only way Portland could hang with Houston is if it was tightly officiated... Guess what guys...

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I hope you covered the spread joey, great job! donaghy sends his regards.

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It's a Conspiracy. The first game they allowed contact and the second game they didn't. Refs don't come out and called a game a certain way unless they were instructed to do so.

6. yokel0123

yokel0123 Member

did you watch the game?

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Guys, enough with the referee threads. This is the same thing Portland blamed the blowout on in game 1. It was pathetic when they did it, and it would be pathetic if we did the same.

The refs missed some calls, that happens every game. Brandon Roy was just on fire tonight - he won't be able to maintain that the entire series. This thing is going back to Houston, and now we have home court advantage.

Good game Roy - see you in Houston.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

A horribly officiated game on both sides, but the timing of some of our calls (then no-calls on the offensive end), was ridiculous

Thanks, Joey. You bald, pitfaced piece of monkey $hit

EDIT: and I don't blame him for the loss, but it made this game one of the most unpleasant-to-watch playoff games that I can recollect

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I liked when Crawford called the foul on Yao in the post...while Joey was at halfcourt. That was a nice touch.

10. hunter399

hunter399 Member

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah, that one was a beaut

12. surrender

surrender Member

Joey Crawford can go **** himself

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

indeed, a couple of no look calls also, he has some fancy calls.

i seriously hope no more crawford or palmer officiating our games for the rest of the series

14. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

We need to take the high road. I apologize for starting this thread. I just caught up in the game. I don't think Joey needs to be vilified.

I started a new thread with what I think should be a topic.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Joey Crawford has no business officiating at a professional level. This has nothing to do with this game, I have felt that way for the last couple seasons, the guy is a joke

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Joey Crawford clearly was calling blatant foul calls on us. That Shane battier incident where his hand was in front of b roy and b roy fell that shouldnt been no foul call on shane. And the next possesion after that where Shane battier CLEARLY blocked b roy cleanly and they are going to call that dumb call on shane. Wow HOrrible.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That was Ed Malloy that called the foul on Battier, not Crawford.

18. SeeingRocketRed

It's not about the disparity in free throws. The Rockets consistently attacked the rack and got fouled. It's about the style of "wrestling" allowed against Yao Ming. It's phantom calls when no one was even touched. It's the 3 count em 3 absolutely dead wrong calls against Yao out of 4. It's about rewarding pansy behavior and flopping. It's about repeatedly making calls that are simply wrong. And did you guys notice 3 extra seconds ran off the clock between 18 and 21 seconds left? The amazing ref crew sure didn't. And that final foul on Lowry which could have been a turnover - ROckets ball down 2 with 1.5 seconds left.

Oh well, f--- it, though. We'd have won anyway if Rick had kept Lowry in, who was shredding em and playing well (or obviously made some free throws). Stupid stupid stupid to put Brooks in to dribble around, turn it over, and play scared. If he's going to be fearless and shoot when he's open (or create), I'm ok with Brooks. Hell, I love Brooks. Look at the cold 3s he drained at the end. But he has to let go of being afraid. There is no T-Mac demanding the rock. Just let fly when you've got great looks (or have created a great look) or get the ball where it needs to go. But don't don't don't be tentative, Aaron Brooks.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

why is this guy still around? After the TD fiasco he should have been sent packing for good. Letting him back was a huge mistake.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Homecourt advantage is basically referee advantage. When you have millions of eyeballs looking at you and judging your every decision, it's pretty easy to decide which way to go when you're doubtful about certain calls.

From the get go, i can tell the refs are being affected by the fans....probably from last game. They call fouls that wasn't even there.