1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Crawford can burn in hell for all eternity.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Nov 2, 2009.

1. hoyarocketsfan

I think that if Joey Crawford was consistently making bad calls he would not continue to be calling games.

Think about it from the NBa's standpoint. You're either saying
    1) David Stern wants games to be called poorly
    2) He doesn't realize Crawford makes these mistakes you claim he makes more htan others

Either seems unlikely. What possible benefit would the NBA get from paying a bad ref??? And clearly the check their refs performance, especially ones that get so much attention.

I also completely agree with the invisible ref thing, but I see it slightly differently. Joey Crawford is bad because he draws too much attention to himself with his antics and scrap with Duncan. He may even call more fouls than most refs.

But think about it logically (not paranoid) why would he call against the Rockets? What possible reason would he have for wanting us to lose?

He may have a quick whistle, but it goes both ways. If it didnt, the NBA would notice.

2. hoyarocketsfan

if you really think David Stern and Vegas keep Joey Crawford around to makes gambling profits off of his bad calls I've got some Obama birth certificates from Kenya that might interest you.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I find it hard to watch NBA games anymore thansk to the reffing. It's just a bad joke; it's so subjective that the "rules" hardly matter.

4. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

I think if you enforce rules too tightly there will be less entertainment thus less fans...and less money. So although it would be nice to call travel on 90% of drives in the NBA, it would never happen.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Conspiracy theories aside, he's a terrible ref with a penchant for screwing Houston.

7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Yeah, this Joey Crawford stuff is approaching Elders of Zion territory...

8. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i hated jake o'donnell too,he had it out for the rockets too

9. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

Slightly relevant:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugrOmbsV3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugrOmbsV3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>