1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some people might laugh but Grizzy's Hood News is legit

ryan_98, Rocket River and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Finner:
    7-year old still in critical condition
    57-year old has been released

Other HPD guy:
    At 1:53pm, we had an individual pull up in front of Lakewood Church on the west side. She gets out of her white vehicle, opens the door, pulls out the 7-year old child from backseat as well as a bag. She goes, she confronts security guard who lets her in. At 1:55, she immediately starts firing inside the hallway on the west side of Lakewood church. Multiple rounds are fired by her at which point [HPD officer] and [TABC agent] return fire and the exchange is all there on the west side of the building in the hallway. Multiple shots exchanged by all 3. She eventually falls to the ground. The 7-year old falls to the ground as well. One gunshot wound to the head. He is in critical condition. At 2:07, she was pronounced deceased.

Shooter is identified as Genesse Moreno, 36, Hispanic female. She used multiple aliases. She used both male and female names. To this point, talking with individuals, documents, HPD reports, she has been identified as female, she/her. We are identifying her as Genesse Moreno, Hispanic female.

Two weapons recovered on scene: Anderson Manufacturing AR-15, sticker that stated “Palestine” on the buttstock. What she brought in, had in a bag was .22 caliber rifle by Blue Line Solutions, did not fire that weapon. In possession of her vehicle.

We do have some antisemitic writings.

Acted alone. Not part of larger group or set of individuals.

She was put under an emergency detention order by HPD in 2016. Does have a mental health history documented through us and family members. We do believe there was familia dispute between her ex-husband and ex-husband’s family and some of those individuals are Jewish and that might be where this stems from.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must admit. Don't hear alot of antisemitism in the hispanic community
    This is unusual . . . maybe even unique

Rocket River

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AroundTheWorld and Andre0087 like this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Moreno had a documented mental health history and was placed under an emergency detention order by Houston police in 2016. Law enforcement records show she was arrested several times since 2005. She pleaded guilty to illegally carrying a weapon and pleaded to a lesser charge after authorities accused her of assaulting a public official.

How does a person like this get a firearm? Aren't there red flag laws in place to prevent this now? I keep hearing it's not the guns but the people when it's clearly both and no one's doing a damn thing about it. I wouldn't have trusted her with a butterknife.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The poor kid. His mom is nowhere to be found, his dad is in prison for being a sex offender and his guardian is a career criminal who just tried to shoot up a "church."

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've heard it. Mostly about Cuban Jews. More focused on the Cuban part.

Super sad.

Rhetorical question, right?

Andre0087 and Rocket River like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I would hope Osteen and the church community there could do something positive for the child, maybe help find a good foster family for him or even someone in the congregation could adopt him eventually if possible. They have a real chance to make a big difference in his life and I pray they do as much as humanly possible for him.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Under the same circumstances, most churches would absolutely do this kind of thing. Just not sure about this particular church....

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Thats what I don't get either.

But of course the solution is to arm more people...obviously.
    Guarantee you she ain't walking into a place where all 15,000 people are armed!

dmoneybangbang, B-Bob and Andre0087 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good question for Abbott and Cruz. They push guns like the Candyman.

AroundTheWorld and Andre0087 like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

She would have to be TOTALLY CRAZY to do that! ... Oh, wait.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When being in critical condition isn't the worst part of your life. :(

14. Buck Turgidson

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Obviously, we`ve had some time to dissect this and it appears all the red flags were there, cops were called on her and they showed up almost 20 times (Conroe PD), her neighbors were threatened often with violence, and they all said it was just a matter of time. I am not saying she was crazy per say but she obviously had mental issues...........how in the hell does a person like this who has all the red flags in the world be allowed to buy a gun? I don't mind people having guns, but there should be safeguards to ensure you have no mental issues and then periodically checked to ensure you haven't gone to the dark side. This is what happens when you have such lack luster gun laws to be able to purchase a gun..........our Tx good ole boy network in Austin wont do a dam thing and they will yell from the roof top................THERE TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNS. They will simply copy and paste there "Thoughts and Prayers" tweet which they have on standby for these all-too-common occurrences. I will keep voting against them, but I don't see them ever changing.......not in my lifetime at least.

DFWRocket likes this.
  17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

There are no Red Flag Laws in Texas

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cop's hands are tied a lot of times when they're called out for a myriad of things in Texas. They come, hold out their hands in that 'what can I do' way then leave. It's good for them to be visible but they can't take action unless they see a crime.

DFWRocket likes this.