1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Johnson - "We could care less if they show up"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, May 8, 2010.

1. plates300

plates300 Member

agree with the previous posts. I do not condone booing your own team, but you could tell with their body language and their play that the Hawks simply did not care to compete. It's one thing to lose to a better team if you still hustle and try but the Hawks just simply did not do anything today. They deserved what they got from the crowd.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

*couldn't care less. :p

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dammit codman beat me to it

4. Chamillionaire

someone will pay. knicks?

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Johnson + Lee is pretty much their best case scenario now, now that there's pretty much no way Wade, Lebron, nor Amare (like he's leaving a team going to the WCF) will head to New York and Bosh is searching for a sign or trade or if he goes to free agency, Miami or Chicago. And that is one crappy best case scenario.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

No, I think he got it right. Deep inside he's crying a little bit and he does care.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of JJ, so I could care less whatever happens to him.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

So I guess he's not going to be a Hawk next year :p

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I would have booed the Hawks:

If the Rockets were in the same situation and have gotten blown out in a playoff game, I certainly wouldn't be a happy camper, but I'd know that the players would have laid it all on the line... These Hawks have played very casually thus far. One of the most cowardly team performance in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs in a long, long time.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ugh the media.

What was wrong with what he said? Didn't one of the Texans players say something similar to this? It was Andre or Dunta...it really doesn't matter because he's right.

What Joe was saying was "It really doesn't matter what they do, it matters how we play." and what he said after that confirms it with "I hope that isn't affecting other players on this team."

This is a non issue.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fans pay for everything on the court: the seats, the food, the coaches, the officials and even the million dollar salaries of the players. As long as they aren't physically hurting anyone or going below the belt (see Jazz fan with the eye cancer taunt on Fisher), they deserve the right to boo or cheer anyone they like.

And the Hawks deserve to be booed. They're on the brink of a sweep and you the fans who paid hundreds of dollars to see them win can't boo them? C'mon now :rolleyes:

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

It wasn't that he didn't want to win a title, I think he just felt that the team didn't appreciate him enough. He was in the stands watching the Suns' playoff run after he signed with the Hawks.

As for being a Max FA, after this performance I doubt even the Knicks would be stupid enough to offer him the max amount. I never really understood why people called him a max player in the first place, he wasn't really that efficient nor was his D that great to justify that amount of money. If you watch him play he doesn't really have that insane athleticism that guys like DH, Bronbron and Wade have. He just plays smartly under the rim, and that's definitely not worth the max, as everyone can see from the Hawks playoff series.

12. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If fans didn't show up he would be making near minimum wage.

13. RedRaiderRocket

Please sign with the Knicks! Please sign with the Knicks! This guy is more about himself than Tmac. He literally told the Suns to not match the Hawks offer when he was a free agent so that he could be the "man" and not be overshadowed by Nash and Amare.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I don't understand what the big deal is about Johnson anyway. I never thought he was one of the best players to begin with.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

All he was saying is they get played to basketball and they can't let whether the fans show up or not affect them.

16. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

I know another NBA player that made similar comments.

[​IMG]

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Dude has been a scrub. Why is he mad fans are booing him? Dude continues to suck in the playoffs as usual

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Scrub and Joe Johnson do not belong together.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You can't be serious. This is a such a stupid post.

Anyway, those Atlanta fans (as apathetic as they are until the playoffs) had EVERY right to boo those guys off the floor. It was painfully obvious how the team had simply given up -- why wouldn't you boo in that situation?

The Hawks seriously should consider hiring a team therapist to deal with all their mental and confidence issues. Hell, make that an offseason priority along with kindly showing Woody the door (I was up in the air on this issue until the Orlando series), dropping Bibby like a bad habit or at least moving him to the bench, dumping Marvin Williams and doing everything humanly possible to try to get CP3.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What about JJ? Keep or SnT? (Don't float the pipe-dream of a SnT for CP3 because he's not leaving the Hornets this summer). Just want to know if you are tired of JJ or think another long-term commitment is the way to go. IMO, it's time to cut bait even though you won't get equal value in return.