1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Johnson - the 2nd Unit's Anchor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

At the end of my bench I'm going to take someone I can't count on, because he is hit or miss, over someone I can definitely count on sucking, like a Joe Johnson.

Plus we can count on Green. We can count on him always playing with energy and heart. Fact is you're never going to have someone that isn't better then hit or miss at the end of your bench in this league.

The last thing this team needs in the second unit is a guy posting up on the block slowing the game down. Especially when he can't make clean passes to the open man for baskets. There is a reason players are missing their shots off his passes, and it's the same reason Anderson misses his shots off Harden passes but not Pauls.

#121 Realjad, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Mr. Space City likes this.
  2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Joe Johnson has barely played. Such a small sample and so much OVERREACTING!!! and making a ton of assumptions on future play. Quit being a mob mentality follower and actually use your brain.

This site has so much bs when we lose and that mentality is creeping into winning. We are the 1 seed and winning games. Get the $%#$ over joe johnson vs gerald green.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Weak excuses.

The dude has played half the season while averaging over 20 minutes a game. 1/8 of the season while averaging over 20 minutes a game as a Rocket. He also got an entire all-star week to do nothing but learn a system he apparently 'already knew'. Not only is this longer then players get for pre-season, but he is an 'experienced vet' so you'd think he would be able to have the prep and game experience to waltz in and gel, and if not off the bat then surely by now.

Give me a name, I can't recall any seasoned player taking this long to get acclimated to an established teams second unit who went on to be anything resembling an impactful player.

#123 Realjad, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Mr. Space City likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

At this point the JJ apologists need to stop. Its not a knock on him, he has had a great career and is old now...how he's playing is expected.

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Iso joe must have regretted not taking the worriers offer by now.