1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Alexander-West Virginia

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rocketsfaninsa, May 13, 2008.

1. rocketsfaninsa

Ok i know someone has started a couple threads on this guy but i couldn't find them through the first few pages. i mainly saw him in the ncaa tournament where he ripped people apart, but he looked good in the regular season as well. what does everyone else think of him? who can you compare him to coming outta college?if the pick presented itself around 19 or 20, would you trade luther head and our 24th pick for Alexander?
    if you don't know who he is, check this athleticism out: Athleticism

or his jump shots vs a tall defender at uconn: Jump shot

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You bandwagoner.
    I don't anyone made a thread specifically about him, but I knew about him and pointed him long before the tournament started and the bandwagoning began.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3456436&postcount=8

NOTE the Date-it was a month before the tournaments started.
    Oh and that video? I found it first here :)
    Good try though ;)

3. rocketsfaninsa

haha, i'm not a band wagoner...i just couldn't find your thread. and i pointed out that i knew someone had posted about him, i give you credit now: good find bro! and yea the video looked familiar and i found it on you tube, it was one of the first listed. but check out his jump shot during the uconn game, he was obviously on fire but the air he gets under his legs is awesome!

4. sime0n

sime0n Member

this guy is so sick i hope he falls to us.

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

He's white, the Jazz will get him if he falls towards us. DUH.

6. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i am thinking that he speaks Chinese too. didn't he spend like 8 some years in Chinese areas? i wonder if the bucks and rockets are interested. :D

7. University Blue

I'm convinced -- Houston should send Brooks to Sacramento or Indiana for their pick, a re-signed Landry or Hayes to Milwaukee or Charlotte.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I'd keep Brooks for trades after the draft. This draft isn't very deep outside of Beasley and Rose, so the 15th pick isn't much different to the 25th pick.

I'm convinced Brooks will be like Rondo next year, don't have too many reasons to back it up, but Brooks is young and quick.

I'd say:

Trade Hayes to Portland, or Milwaukee or Charlotte or any young team that doesn't want their pick for their pick. Not trading Landry though.

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Haha for some reason i got the same feeling too. Plus, he said he admires Matt Harpring of all people. :mad:

DraftExpress: Who is a player that you admire and respect?

Joe Alexander: Matt Harpring, because he’s basically in the league off toughness and being a team guy. He passes the ball a lot, runs the floor, he does a great job.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article...m-progressed-with-how-hard-I-ve-worked"-2889/

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I underestimated his jumping and athletic ability when I termed it decent. It's very good,I like the way he attacks the basket and can finish without having to dunk. He works hard on both ends. He will get open looks on a good team to knock down his mid-range jumper. I think he will go low lottery.

11. Lord Landry

Lord Landry Member

Sure go for him. Someone already said the Jazz probably already have dibs on him but I'd love to have him. A big athletic guy who can shoot, defend, and has alright post moves? Sign me up. He'll almost definitely be gone though.