1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Job wanted: Foreign Student looking for Summer job.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gah, May 11, 2011.

1. gah

gah Member

Hi guys, desperate times call for desperate measures. My mother's bussiness is a Cultural Interchange Agency where we work with Dominican university students that go to the US to work in the summer (it can be anywhere in the USA).

We're down to one solid kid who hasn't gotten his job and he's practically running out of time. If any of you need to hire a seasonal entry-level employee (Hospitality, landscaping, etc, most activities qualify) I guarantee you will get an ace motivated worker in your staff. He's 19 and speaks fluent Spanish and English and is available from May 25th to early September, more information upon petition.

Suggestions welcomed and thanks for considering!

2. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Isn't that completely backwards? Don't foreign-speaking people who work for the CIA typically go outside of the States?!?

Times they are a-changing.

3. gah

gah Member

Except he works for the Dominican CIA, and his mission will be traveling from here to the US and spread the magnanimous reputation of our people.

4. Chamillionaire

I know someone that may be able to help. Does he have transportation? Does he live in Houston? Is he willing to travel for business?

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can i request a 19 year old swedish blonde? around 120 lbs. and cute face

6. gah

gah Member

He is here in the Dominican Republic :( , he wouldn't have a car, he is prepared to go to Houston or any other city or town in the US, and he would be willing to travel for business.

I would also like to add that he would be traveling with a J1 visa which allow students to work for the seaon, the process of hiring these students is as simple as hiring a local person, also J1 students are not subject to Medicare, Social Security, or Unemployment taxes, so the actually would be saving the employer a little bit of money.

Lol, I was expecting comments like this.

Thanks for helping Chamillionaire.

7. jaykay

jaykay Member

I'm not sure if this is the type of position you're looking for, but the office I work at seems to always be hiring students for part time data entry positions. All he'd have to do is pay bills through automated phone systems and computers. It's a really simple job and most of the data entry employees are students such as myself. You can apply for him or have him apply at http://www.precash.com

The office is located at on San Felipe right off the 610 South loop. Hope this helps somewhat. :cool:

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What are you going to do with him?

9. gah

gah Member

Will apply, thanks a lot.

After reading this I was looking for the right word to say in English, I learned a new one today: Wit.

Lol.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pimp him out to mayzar...duh winning

11. gah

gah Member

Bump (Second to last one) :eek:

12. gah

gah Member

Hey jaykay, I don't know if it's my firewall, but the site you gave me seems to be down.

(This is the last bump by the way)

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

gah...send me an email through the board.