1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joaquin Phoenix Drugged Out of His Mind on Letterman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cardpire, Feb 11, 2009.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

though He has been in rehab before so it isn't out of the question that he's had some sort of relapse for real.

2. worzel gummidge

He was high during another Letterman appearance several years back.

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

gf needs a new profession

it was an act

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

NEWSFLASH: Joaquin Phoenix is trying too hard!

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he was chewing gum. anyhow...who cares....the dude was fk'ed. there is no way he was acting. i think we both agree on that.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

...or he relapsed. his bro died from drugs and joaquin has been in rehab.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If he's on drugs, it's smack or valium. Crack or meth would have made him too jittery. Either way, it's weird. Dude looks like a Rabbi.

8. cson

cson Contributing Member

other than he WAS acting, you are correct.

9. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

It's a lot more "Andy Kaufman" than "Crispin Glover..."

10. A00man

A00man Member

[​IMG]

11. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

ALL an act!

http://www.nme.com/news/p-diddy/42384#comments

------------

NME News

Joaquin Phoenix rap career hoax confirmed by friend
    Actor apparently sees joke as an 'art project'

Jan 28, 2009
    0 Comments
    P. Diddy news, reviews, video and tour dates
    Add P. Diddy to MyNME

The rap career of Joaquin Phoenix is in fact a hoax, according to two friends of the actor.

The ‘Walk The Line’ star recently announced his plans to become a rapper, even going so far as to say that P. Diddy was on board to produce his debut album.

The unlikely move by Phoenix was greeted with skepticism by many, who suspected it was a hoax from the start. His brother-in-law Casey Affleck was working with him on a documentary about his new 'career', which saw him have an apparent meltdown on stage in Las Vegas on January 16, during which he took a tumble from the stage.

Now a source close to the star has come forward to say that it is indeed all a joke, telling ew.com: "He said, 'It's a put-on. I'm going to pretend to have a meltdown and change careers, and Casey is going to film it.’"

Another source says that Phoenix considers the hoax an “art project” and that he will continue to appear to pursue his new career as rapper.

"He's going full out. He probably has told his reps that he's quit acting. Joaquin is very smart. This is very conscious. He has a huge degree of control," the source said.

--By our New York staff.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Gene, your signature is not only pertinent to the thread, but I must commend you on your selection in general.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i'll believe it if letterman says it was an act. letterman did a great job of acting too if he was in on it.

and lol @ the huge degree of control...people who go to rehab for drugs and alcohol usually have control issues.

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

The problem is that he's such a good actor that you can't even tell whether it's serious or not.

His speech and mannerisms scream drugs but at a few moments, it seems like he's trying so hard not to bust out laughing.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does Letterman have to be in on it? My theory is that this is part of the reason Dave was being a bit of a jerk back because he probably suspected it was all an act and wasn't let in on the gag.

As someone else said, this is all one big Andy Kaufman joke. As much evidence as there is of it out there now (I've seen and heard several different movie/hollywood insiders who have been nearby during his "act" that have confirmed as much) I can't believe people are still being taken in by it.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That was hilarious. He was clearly trying to be funny, the timing was too good for it to be unintentional.

Whether he's high or not, I don't know, but it's pretty obvious he was toying with Letterman.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

He could have been an awesome Jim Morrison. Kilmer did a good job, but this is incredible.

It better be an act.

19. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

-----

Well I'll believe it's REAL, the second Casey effin Affleck stops following him around with a camera crew. He's his brother-in-law fer christ's sake. Don't ya think he would offer some help, or get a intervention together before he would just stand offstage laughing & filming his latest "meltdown? Der!

He toyed with Letterman like a cat does yarn.

If anything, Letterman was in on it. That's more realistic than Joaquin just all of the sudden becoming a heavy doper. Especially after he was in fact present (as was Kelly Bundy) at the scene when his brother, River, Od'd, convulsed & DIED on the front sidewalk of the Viper Room on Halloween night 1993.

They also said that at the premier of this latest movie he's promoting, EACH & EVERY person he talked to had to "sign a release form."

& you know why that is, right?

So it can be used in his "art project." I bet Letterman signed too.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i agree, they also have issues admitting when they might be wrong.