1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watts New 400k Home in Pearland

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tallanvor, Feb 13, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you ever been a rookie NFL player who signed a 4 year , $11.23 million rookie deal?

I don't know why people knocking for what he did. He obviously values having more space and being away from the city more than being in the city. He obviously doesn't live in fear about other people bothering him. Let the guy do what he wants.

#61 DonkeyMagic, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can we STOP this cruel game?! And allow the man to keep ONE shred of diginity! For God's sake, I can't STAND to see him in all this pain!! You VICIOUS BASTARDS!!

Let him live in Pearland!! Is it so bad to see somebody happy?! So just LET HIM LIVE IN PEARLAND!! For the LOVE OF GOD, let the man live in Pearland!!

Good Lord!!

3. Pearland Rox

Pearland Rox Member

AMEN!!!

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No, just prefer living inner loop, 10 minutes from anything and everything rather than the "burbs". Just not my taste.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Agreed. I am definitely out of my comfort zone if I have to leave the perimeter of Loop 610. Except when golfing at Houston Country Club or visiting friends in Piney Point Village.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

lol at the "parks, movie theaters, and medical center" takes. Nobody I know actually goes to parks. Movie theaters are everywhere and the only reason to go to the medical center is if you are sick. Come on guys, are your lives really this boring?

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fairly modest, really. Not exactly the rich and famous. I imagine most posters on this site have similar homes.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not a fan of having the stove on the island in the kitchen. I prefer a big open island to toss keys, wallet, mail, and wife on.

#68 tallanvor, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

What are you looking for exactly?? A strip club and a liquor store? If that's the case...you are right...you wont find that in Pearland or anywhere in Brazoria county.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I go to parks all the time (with the dogs) and it's always very crowded.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

What? Pearland is one of the fastest growing places in the entire country, so I think people do want to live there.

JJ made an excellent decision by choosing Pearland in my opinion. It is the suburbs, but that's what some people want. I've been living down here for about eight years and it's rather pleasant. I've lived in numerous areas of Houston over the past fifty years, including inside the loop, and they all have their good points and bad points. Pearland really has become popular with the pro athletes, and many other people.

12. Pearland Rox

Pearland Rox Member

I have a two year old son so we are always at the parks. I work in the medical center so drive there everyday. Prefect. Btw, whats with your hate for the city buddy?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know, heaven forbid different people have different priorities in their lives.

I've never really heard anyone be against parks. While we live in a different suburb, Katy is just the same. We take our daughter to a park every weekend and it's always crowded if the weather is nice.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My ultra swanky dishwasher from Lowe's has a timer on it. After you load the dinner dishes you set it for a 4 hour delay and it runs during the night when people are asleep.

The first rule of real estate is location. If my primary activity is driving into Reliant (or The Med Center) every day to work or workout, then home to the family, Pearland is very convenient. They also have a top notch youth sports program, probably only behind Katy and West U. Golfcrest is probably the best golf course no one knows about.

Lotta bang for the buck out there if you don't mind flat and treeless.

15. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

400k for a nice looking house with swiming pool and hot tub? Thats a nice looking package.

16. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Nice looking house. Sorry if this was covered, but Shadow Creek Ranch?

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

God, your money goes so far in Houston, I love it.

19. what

what Member

he needs a professional decorator. i'm also not keen on a living room that looks like a dance floor. I do like the stairs though.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Huh? He'd be in the exact same boat if he got a mortgage, only he'd be out the closing costs and interest.