1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt: "Rob Turner tried to blow out my knee"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Richie_Rich, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Tennessee better Titan up their booties for next game

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

personally, no offense taken...Womack got hella stiff armed on the first play, so i think he was a bit peeved...and he allowed JJ 2 sacks of the 4 the Texans had...

Womack really didnt say anything major, all he said was JJ may have a weakness...and right now, even I dont know what it is...JJ was slowed initially, but he found a way to get to the QB...he really is a freak...and hands down that Tennessee OLinemen was dirty as heck...

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was confused myself and thought that maybe I had missed a play.

This can't be right.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I believe it was another play where Locker fell and Watt was the first to touch him when he was down.

5. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Nah they still kept it as a sack in the box score apparently after the penalty. Doesn't make sense but good for his numbers lol

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Usually, those box score corrections happen within a few days after the game.

Im talking about the ball that was a bad snap and Locker fell on the ball...the first defender to touch him gets the sack.

Unless you guys are talking about this play and the penalty sack as being the two sacks that Watt was credited for.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The sack was nullified after illegal hands to the face penalty, the other poster was right he was first to down Locker after a slip, it counts as a sack.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are correct, there was a sack in the play you're talking about and Watt had another one after, the penalty sack was erased.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]NASHVILLE -- Tennessee Titans center Rob Turner was fined by the NFL for his peel-back block on Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt last Sunday, and while he doesn't like it, he understands.

What was a legal block a year ago is now illegal.

"I've been taught to cut on screen (plays) ever since I was a kid," Turner said. "It was a rule change this year and it was something I didn't think about. I just reacted."

Turner declined to reveal the amount of the fine (which will be announced by the league on Friday) except to say, "It wasn't exorbitant."

He said he doesn't think he's a dirty player, and Turner said Watt's story that he confronted Turner during the game was not true.

"I am a hard-nosed guy and that gets misconstrued sometimes," Turner said. "I know J.J. was saying all sorts of stuff to the media down there about him (telling me he has) a family to feed and stuff like that, but all that wasn't true and he's full of it for saying it. That was a lie about him talking to me."

"Whether you call it an apology or whether you call it a professional courtesy, I was trying to say, 'Hey I wasn't going after you like that, and you can see that on film,' " Turner said. "And it bothered me he made a big stink about it.

"For the record, he wouldn't even look at me, and I don't have a problem if you put that in print. In fact, I'd encourage you to put that in print and he's full of it by saying that."[/rQUOTEr]

1 person likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought JJ doesn't even allow himself to have girlfriends. How can he have a "family to feed."

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

i dont believe Turner .. we have seen/heard JJ talk smack on the field. he aint scared to call ppl out.

12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Not really surprised by Rob Turner's comments.

Most pros have too much pride to be slapped around in the press by their peers. That said, Turner went even further by insisting, "For the record, [Watt] wouldn't even look at me, and I don't have a problem if you put that in print. In fact, I'd encourage you to put that in print and he's full of it by saying that."

Them fightin' words. But I don't Watt expect to respond via the media. What I do expect is for him to completely humiliate Turner on Dec 29th in Tennessee. My over/under is 3.5 sacks and 9 hurries. That should settle things.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I don't see a tough guy in his comments at all, I see a scared, frustrated guy trying to convince himself he has a chance against Watt in their matchups. In fact, that's how I see all the Titans O-line responses to Watt's domination over them.

Scared little kids that have no confidence anymore and are just acting out.

Next Game: Watt provides them with NAPTIME to straighten them out.